1 2
LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/7/18 9:11 a.m.

To me, that's a very late-'90s kind of look. Not a huge fan.

Having said that, OZ rally wheels look "correct" in white. I'd go for it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/18 1:06 p.m.

White wheels usually look good, they're just an enormous PITA to keep clean. Black wheels only look good on a brightly-colored car.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/18 1:08 p.m.

Woks..  You just HAVE to be a clean freak...

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/7/18 1:17 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/18 1:50 p.m.

I am going to be "that guy"  There is a fine line between complementing a cars looks, paint color or style and adding contrast for the sake of contrast.  In fact I some times people put contrasting color wheels to take the eye away from an other wise not so great looking car.  To me is screams ricer.  Very few cars can pull it off well and many fail epically.   

I generally dont like white wheels for a street car unless they are on white car and even that I am not all that much of a fan.  To me it screams ricer or want to be rally cross car.  Unless the car really is a race car it screams poser to me.  Now if we are talking race cars I really like the look on some race cars.  Some of the race cars I have seen with white wheels are just cool!!!

So the short answer is no I don't like the white wheel look. And getting back to the OP to me that SAAB you posted is one of those things that now can not be unseen.  Please don't make a great looking car like that SAAB look like a rice boy want-to-be car.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/18 1:53 p.m.
artur1808 said:

This almost works because race car.  I would have used the same color yellow or blue in the stripes on the wheels.  

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/7/18 2:04 p.m.

I rattle can'd my JY alloys white a year ago. Aside from getting dirty fast I really like the look. currently shopping for white wheels to fit my Mazda too. Is white the new black?

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
3/7/18 2:20 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

I'd say bronze or even gunmetal is the new black for the time being.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
3/7/18 5:17 p.m.

I had white HX wheels on my flat black crx. It was dope. Never color match wheels to body paint. Yuck. Exception might be the white on white. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/7/18 5:37 p.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

Good because the wheels I just pulled the trigger on are gunmetal-ish.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
3/8/18 7:04 p.m.

It looks good imo and i get compliments all the time.

I prefer silver wheels myself but these were special wheels so I had to jump on them. 

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
3/9/18 9:22 a.m.

Ok, ok, so I just dated myself.

8valve
8valve Reader
3/9/18 4:45 p.m.

Was just going to say... looks bad on white cars.  But then you posted that.  So there are at least two exceptions. 

I think red cars can rock it the best. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
3/9/18 5:01 p.m.

I had some Enkei Tarmacs (JDM) on my WRX for a while. They looked OK, but they were dirty as hell even after an autocross. I only liked them because they were 14lbs. I'll never do white wheels again. Every car I own has gunmetal wheels now, because cleaning wheels is a pain in the ass...

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/9/18 6:33 p.m.
8valve said:

I think red cars can rock it the best. 

Do red trucks count? hint: my avatar

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
3/9/18 11:32 p.m.

I was looking for a 944 turbo before...

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/9/18 11:46 p.m.

I like white wheels in general. I think some black cars can pull them off well but some fall short.

I think they go with Blue paint better than any other color.

car39
car39 HalfDork
3/10/18 8:49 a.m.

Always liked them on my red cars, too.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/11/18 7:51 a.m.

I'm a fan...

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
3/13/18 7:01 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

I like white wheels in general. I think some black cars can pull them off well but some fall short.

I think they go with Blue paint better than any other color.

WINNER!!!

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
3/14/18 8:11 a.m.

Buddy just posted about this in a group on FB:

"Went to pick up my Acura and a dude brought this in. 250 original miles. Bought it new, put it in storage and moved to Japan. Pulled it out after he came back to the states and sold it since he is relocating to Hawaii. Car is completely original and only things that were done was gas drained, new timing belt, and a couple other miscellaneous odds and ends. E36 M3 is stupid clean.

He sold it for $50,000."

Looks pretty damn good with the white wheels.

No automatic alt text available.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/10/18 1:39 p.m.

Just Mounted these OZ Ultraleggera on my G Street Focus ST today. Last set in stock at the tire rack and so they punched them out the door for a steal. $866 for the set 17.4 lbs each. 

Love this white on black look. 

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
11/11/18 5:27 a.m.

http://imgur.com/gallery/tTjUPTE

this one really struck me. I think I got it off a Facebook group.

(Edit) I'm not sure if it's showing up for you guys or not, chrome is being wonky on my phone.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/11/18 5:41 p.m.

Here was my WRX on Enkei Tarmacs. The white was ok, but I mostly just used them because they were 14lbs light :)

And yeah, they were constantly dirty and gross. I would never use white wheels on a DD unless I liked cleaning them every other day.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HKWb7frNRewqNGC7JKuDNzK21BWxdIPcNl00jr3JOkdcpGbqCmNxKGt65pRKMrHc