David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/26/17 1:05 p.m.

We're wrapping up the next issue of Classic Motorsports, and there's a piece in there that should interest this crowd: small-bore Trans-Am cars, including a really cool sidebar by Mr. BRE himself, Peter Brock. Plus we also talked with John Morton and Horst Kwech.

IMG_8457

Okay, here's the plug:

You can request that issue for free right here.

Or you can renew your GRM and get a year of Classic Motorsports for free!

Thanks.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
6/26/17 2:11 p.m.

If I ever get wealthy enough to have a proper car collection, it will be of Trans Am cars from the 67-72 era, both big and small bore. I have a crappy 510 and a slightly less crappy 67 Camaro already, so I guess next is an Alfa, a 2002, a Boss 302 and a Challenger...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/26/17 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy:

If you sell me your crappy 510 you can have a better Camaro.

See what I did there?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
6/26/17 6:36 p.m.

Brock and his cars have influenced my appreciation of cars quite a bit.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
6/26/17 6:58 p.m.

For those who haven't seen it, go to Youtube and watch "gainst All Odds Nissan Datsun 1600 / 510 BRE Racing" It's a 26 minute documentary made back in the day about the battle between the BRE 510 and the Alfa Romeo team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5XAP4pCRps

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/26/17 7:49 p.m.

I always enjoy Brock's columns. That's definitely one of the highlights of CM. I look forward to reading this!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/27/17 6:54 a.m.

If you watch the above video, watch Alex Lloyd drive the 510. At one point he is screaming as he is accelerating in the car.

Alex Lloyd 510

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
6/27/17 9:02 a.m.

Awesome! I love all the BRE cars and pretty much everything Trans-am from that era.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/27/17 5:19 p.m.
WonkoTheSane wrote: I always enjoy Brock's columns. That's definitely one of the highlights of CM. I look forward to reading this!

Cool. It's been awesome working with him. I thought that I knew the small-bore Trans-Am story pretty well, but I learned some new things from this piece.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R1jk07oGhC2kOsch2MkE1vnhlzcifL1sv6ZTn3TL1NtzZ707NJiXjCYCIr5uVrR7