1 ... 14 15 16
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/21/17 4:15 p.m.

Not a new user at all but I haven't been active on the forum in who knows how long due to a combination of buying a house, having other hobbies, having a super stressful job and losing said super stressful job. But I have started a new job and my automotive love has been stirring recently so I figured I would jump back in.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
11/22/17 8:25 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

Great to have you back, man! Congrats on the new job.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
11/22/17 8:58 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

Welcome back! laugh

offroadwine
offroadwine None
11/28/17 11:30 a.m.

I've been poking around a lot, and reading the mag since around 1994, after Tim showed up at a Texas Region SCCA autocross at the now-gone Texas Stadium in Irving. After a long time playing around with various toys (lots of 510s, a '91 Sentra SE-R, a 1st-Gen Integra and my wife's '98 Corvette) I'm through with off-roading and back with an NA Miata and an '06 Volvo S40, T-5 AWD manual. Both the current floggers were bought from first owners, the Miata from my father-in-law with 19k miles, 37k now, and the Volvo from a friend's mom with 211k on it, about 222k now.

Time and budget permitting, both are getting small goodies, but we currently live on a rough dirt and gravel road, so both have to stay at stock ride height.

I've been in the automotive business most of my adult life, with a short break due to a no-compete agreement after selling my shop a few years ago, but that's done and I'm back in the fringes. It's nice to be back.

Ed Higginbotham
11/29/17 3:46 p.m.

A 37,000-mile NA Miata? Wow. 

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here. Let's see that Miata!

DixonL2
DixonL2 New Reader
12/5/17 10:05 p.m.

Hey all, just (re)joined, and with a black 1996 Volvo 850R, a 1990 Miata (in "of course it's" red, from its first owner), and a 2006 mini Cooper S, I self-identify as a "car guy"... likely going ot start a thread about the new-to-me  850R at some point, bought it supposedly with all the work done, so I hope it's a short thread, as I don't want to do much more (but it's a Volvo...)

Ed Higginbotham
12/6/17 8:20 a.m.

Welcome, DixonL2! Sounds like quite the collection. Looking forward to seeing the Volvo.

OldsCool
OldsCool New Reader
12/10/17 7:22 a.m.

New here from NE GA, about 10 minutes from Road Atlanta. I was a mag subscriber years ago but recently reupped with the Black Friday deal. I've been getting the itch for a Miata lately. I've never owned one but I'll possibly be looking to buy one in the next couple months. I may be leaning on you guys for advice, suggestions or good leads in the near future.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
12/10/17 10:15 a.m.

glad you are here,  I  live off 575n   at Ball Ground, pretty much a Straight shot west. we also have  GRM'rs  so no doubt you are in Miata Heaven and Fiero Club Members all around you, Charlie is in Auburn  Paul is outside Commerce and and a couple others scattered around Gwinett Co.  I know you said Miata but that's ok we like all kinds of people.  small club nice people, gafiero.org    wow sounds like I am trying to get the Fiero FIRE  going.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon None
12/10/17 7:40 p.m.

Just signed up for the forum and have been around racing my entire life having grown up in a racing family. My dad has done autocross,dirt oval racing,ice racing,and some drag racing. My great grandfather raced in the first road race in Edmonton with a standard vanguard at the Edmonton international airport when it was being built. My grandfather actually raced his 62 oldsmobile starfire convertible in the highway 14x drag races here. Most of my racing here has been dirt racing ,dirt late models in particular and I help my friend on his dirt late model. I have gotten to drive a couple of other friends cars at the fun days,a dirt late model and a 360 sprint car.

Ed Higginbotham
12/11/17 9:41 a.m.

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

Welcome! Glad to have you here! 

1 ... 14 15 16
Our Preferred Partners
CpnmQ6AqeqJpvKqfSpcDoTCPGscPROhv