1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38
steu2011
steu2011 New Reader
11/22/18 7:28 a.m.

In reply to Miles Wilson :

Thanks! Although I would correct you to being one of the best engines produced by VAG of any degree or number of cylinders.... haha but yeah it is great. This was 100% a bucket list car that I thought I wouldnt get for a long time until I'm making rea engineer dollars (I'm just 25 graduated as a MET for 3 years working for 2) but I came upon this one on the vortex for pretty cheap because it did have a rebuilt title. But with a brand new engine I couldn't pass it 

zilla916
zilla916
11/25/18 9:59 a.m.

I can't say i'm exactly new, i've been a subscriber, but have never posted here. Been around motorized stuff most of my life. Been more into bikes, but am looking into picking up a convertible to play with. Keep looking at Miata's, but at 6'1" 265 or so, I don't think I fit too well. You may see me more in the Sprockets section, but thanks for having me.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 None
11/25/18 7:33 p.m.

long time lurker here. Much longer time participant in motorsports. I am personally familiar with several others on this forum, as I crashed Don49's Turner at Bridgehampton in '76 or '77, and Margie Suddard gave my mother a magazine rack as a hostess gift around 1990......Some random photos of my automotive adventures. A-H 100-4 on Lake Osceola NY 1976, my Turner 950 at Bridge in '81, at Pocono North in Clive Bull's Shannon, 1999, and most recently my X1/9 at Shenandoah in 2009.

Indecisiverock
Indecisiverock
11/27/18 7:02 p.m.

Hi all

My names Dinesh and I've been a long time lurker but a regular on the live show. I currently own a pair of 99 Mazda Proteges, one of them being autocrossed in STS. I would love to get it on an actual track one day once I've gotten it sorted and reliable enough (and a truck and trailer to bring it home when I do break it again). Anyways looking forward to being a part of this great community.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
11/27/18 7:12 p.m.

Welcome Dinesh, some Protege people here to help next time you break it!

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
11/30/18 8:58 a.m.

In reply to Indecisiverock :

Dinesh! Nice to have you here man.

And welcome John!

CPFirebird
CPFirebird New Reader
12/3/18 2:41 p.m.

I’m new here. I was an avid autocrosser years ago and am intending to be out again in 19’ 

After years of being out of the loop I am building a CP car to make the return to autocrossing.

timster
timster New Reader
12/5/18 8:06 p.m.

I just joined a couple days ago, but used to come here and read some of the builds from time to time. Not counting my daily driver appliance, I have a 94 GMC Sierra RCLB with a 4.3 I bought from the original owner a few months back and I'm slowly getting a few odds & ends sorted out on it. I also have a 82 Alfa Romeo Spider that needs some body work (rockers and floor pans) and driven way more than it's currently getting. 

Pdahondas88
Pdahondas88 New Reader
12/6/18 10:03 p.m.

Fresh meat here... I’ve done a lot of regional solo here in Cincinnati and also down in Asheville NC years back. 

Ex-technician turned glorified car salesman, and fairly Honda obsessed.

Can’t wait to see what my fellow car junkies are up to. 

Heres my current stable of junk...

03 S2000 49k - garage queen

11 Golf VI TDI - Daily diesel saver

13’ Accord EX-L - wife mobile

10’ Civic SI - Winter Vtec fix/Spring cone killer 

Miles Wilson
Miles Wilson Reader Services
12/7/18 3:19 p.m.

Looks like a good combo @timster and that's an impressive fleet of vehicles @pdahondas88.

Welcome to the forum!

danielmarx848
danielmarx848 None
12/10/18 4:13 p.m.

I'm a former Renault addict....I'm on a twelve step program to end my bad bad addiction. I own a Renault R5 "Leaker", and a MINI C(P)ooper, and I used to autocross a Fiesta ST. I also Autocross with the central Illinois Region. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 New Reader
12/10/18 5:24 p.m.

In reply to danielmarx848 :

Does that mean you have 12 Renaults for sale?

Miles Wilson
12/11/18 9:58 a.m.

You know, the first thing about that Renault that sticks out to me is the triangular lug nut pattern. Looks like a ton of fun in hot hatches though!

danielmarx848
danielmarx848 New Reader
12/11/18 2:38 p.m.

Thanks hard to keep running and parts are tricky

10001110101 New Reader
12/12/18 3:35 p.m.

I'm new. I lurked for months. I love reading about all the projects, garnering inspiration to work on my own. Just today for the first time I ventured out of the builds and projects forum. Y'all are my kind of people. I'll stay for awhile if you'll have me.

I live in the frozen north (Minnesota), so my projects take a nosedive starting in November. Unless something on a daily breaks that is. 

Miles Wilson
12/13/18 2:03 p.m.

Honestly the closest experience I have had in that department was a JDM car I dailied for a little while, but it was basically an RSX so that doesn't count. Gotta love those classic French cars but I wouldn't want to be the one trying to source even small parts when things go awry. I'd probably pay to see it at a local autocross, if that's any consolation.

Miles Wilson
12/13/18 2:03 p.m.

In reply to 10001110101 :

*one of us, one of us!*

autoglassdiscounters
autoglassdiscounters None
12/16/18 7:09 p.m.

WAY TOO TRICKY!!!! CHOO CHOO**

hotrod83yota
hotrod83yota None
12/18/18 10:20 a.m.

Hi everybody.

Thought I'd finally join after lurking for a little while. Always enjoyed vehicles and the freedom they bring. Ive always had trucks/jeeps, but a MK3 Supra kinda fell into my lap that I plan on making presentable, sell, and get into something that I can rallyx/autox and become a better driver. Seems like there is a very active rallyx group here in the Northern Virginia region.

Miles Wilson
12/18/18 4:19 p.m.

In reply to hotrod83yota :

Glad to have you, were you planning on finding a dual-duty car that could stand up to RallyCross and Autocross? It's always a good day when a Supra falls into your lap, 7M block and all. NASA is prevalent in your area but I'm curious to hear about rally action from any sanctioning body or group.

hotrod83yota
hotrod83yota New Reader
12/19/18 7:34 a.m.

The thought was find something suitable for both rallycross and autocross with minimal prep, knowing it probably won't be competitive in either, and go from there. I've always loved motorsports, but have never been able to participate myself; I'd like to change that.

metallitubby
metallitubby None
12/20/18 8:23 a.m.

I've been a long-time lurker, and since I'll need to lean on some talent that's housed on these forums, I figured it's time to show myself.

I autocross and rallycross a 2003 Honda Element that has since had it's heart removed in preparation for the new K20C1 w/ a sequential 'box. I also run the American Honda PE-Division's kart team, which will make it's SCCA debut this year in the Atlanta Region. Some of you might know me from Honda-Tech or the VWVortex, and know that I'll lend a hand to anyone that asks. Just don't hesitate to do so.

Miles Wilson
12/20/18 2:35 p.m.

In reply to metallitubby :

Thank you for joining because I now have dirty, dirty thoughts about making a race Element... That's what I get for wanting to return to the world of Honda's.

jordanjaques
jordanjaques None
12/23/18 3:08 a.m.

Hello everyone! I'm new here.

I just joined a couple months ago.

roto_b_racing
roto_b_racing None
12/26/18 8:10 a.m.

Hi every one. I too have been a GRM & Classic Motorsport reader since I cant remember when (both great mags) I am an automotive service tech at a Mazda dealership & have worked on Mazda products since 1980.I have a 1973 MG B (which I have owned since Feb 1978) with a 12A Wankel installed.The engine transplant took place in 1991 & has run great.Even got its picture in GRM volume 35 #5 Aug 2018 (page # 163)when I was at the 2018 Mitty in the Skid pad challenge.By the way it was a great time.Did the Coker Tire tour as well & met some great people.This year I put 6000km or 4000miles on the car. I auto cross it in Toronto Ontario with the Push To The Limit series since 1997.

1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gBVHMuMozny85aqP8ViI5luoJPJv2MS9d67LRyKq6rvREetU7qV5kjAw4oioMlzL