1 2
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
4/4/11 5:56 p.m.

When you have a REPU?

http://web.me.com/cdirado/Diradosite/74-REPU.html

Gave the old girl a workout this weekend. Yes that is me,the fat guy in the flannel,and I even got an ever elusive pic of the wife. I tried to get the kids in a pic or two,but they didn't help long enough to do so. This lil pickup is so convenient as a runabout,and yard truck. Also it hauls ass on the street. 4-port 13B's are awesome!!!

Chris

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/4/11 6:05 p.m.

So, I guess to unload it you just tach it up and dump the clutch.

Nice looking truck.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
4/4/11 10:04 p.m.

I thought about that,but the brakes aren't that great,and I do really like the truck,so I want to take care of it.

Thanks for the compliment.

-C

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/4/11 11:31 p.m.

Glad to see you put the REPU to good use.

alex
alex SuperDork
4/4/11 11:40 p.m.

I legitimately need a wheelbarrow, but I'd rather have a REPU. Will you sell me yours in the Lowe's parking lot for $45?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/11 12:52 a.m.

so jealous

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/11 6:02 a.m.

Chris,

I thought you had done something crazy like installed a 13b in a wheelbarrow or something. .. . . . Wait.. . . .

Very nice looking truck. I really need to get another rotary. The P car is great but .. . . .

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
4/5/11 6:22 a.m.

Very nice REPU!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/5/11 5:09 p.m.

I love it, and it appears to be in very good shape. The REPU has always been on the bucket list, but there have never been any for sale around me when I have the cash.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/5/11 5:26 p.m.

We had two or three of them for sale late last year in the Northeast. It was slightly bizarre because most surviving REPUs can be found on the West Coast. I was pretty tempted to pick one of them, but the prices were high and I have no need for a pickup, even one powered by magic spinning triangles.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
4/5/11 6:01 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I love it, and it appears to be in very good shape. The REPU has always been on the bucket list, but there have never been any for sale around me when I have the cash.

When I was trying to sell mine I couldn't get a single offer. This was about three years ago,and I was asking a very low price in my opinion,but still no offers. I am very glad I didn't get any as I would hate myself for selling this truck.

Chris

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
6/14/11 8:10 p.m.

I gotta tell you guys I am so glad I never sold this truck a few years back when I was actively trying. This thing is spartan by even modern economy car standards,but who cares. I have been using it more and more as a truck for light stuff,and it is so useful in this regard. I will not ever call it a full use truck,but it is great as a home owner type truck,and is really pretty quick for what it is. Also you won't see another in the parking lot at the local big box store. I would actually love to get another one.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
6/14/11 9:00 p.m.

that battery location is awesome... i'm planning something similar without the trap door for the s10... awesome truck

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
6/14/11 9:14 p.m.

Seriously dude, jealous of the rotary fleet. It's awesome.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
6/14/11 9:52 p.m.

Is two considered a fleet? I have sold the RX-4,and the RX-3 was wreaked. Just the yellow 7,and Gumby.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
6/14/11 11:48 p.m.

No, still jealous.

Seriously though, the interior in your yellow 7 looks immaculate. I wish I could find an original center stack panel and radio for my '80. It was cut open when I bought it.

dollraves
dollraves Reader
6/15/11 12:18 a.m.

Total envy here. TOTAL. :D Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/15/11 12:25 a.m.

Love those trucks, and they can be made fast in auto-x. What's cooler than whupin' on sports cars with a pickup?!

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
6/15/11 12:56 a.m.

For the first time, I want a truck

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
6/15/11 4:17 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: No, still jealous. Seriously though, the interior in your yellow 7 looks immaculate. I wish I could find an original center stack panel and radio for my '80. It was cut open when I bought it.

I wish I could find one as well. The black surrounds like on my car are rare as they were only on the early cars,and mine was cut for an aftermarket stereo as well. I can find the silver finished ones pretty easy,but the black ones are hard to locate.

One of these days I will get around to putting the stock seat covers back on so I have the perforated vinyl that is supposed to be in the car.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
11/27/11 10:16 p.m.

So after a busy weekend of leaf blowing,and raking with the "help" of my two sons, and some re-enactments of Charlie Brown cartoons I put the REPU to good use again as a wheelbarrow. Man this thing is so convenient! I can't believe I ever thought of getting rid of it. I need to find another actually.

Photo evidence can be seen here:

http://web.me.com/cdirado/Diradosite/74-REPU.html

Powar
Powar Dork
11/28/11 12:59 p.m.

Awesome. One of those would be a ton of fun to own.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
11/28/11 1:35 p.m.

Well technically just 3/4 of a ton of fun,but still fun none-the-less.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
11/28/11 4:45 p.m.

Hey Powar,

You have an 85 Hilux,so more or less the same truck. I bet yours is even fuel injected which is way cooler than the old carbs on the 22r. These small trucks are so cool,and a niche vehicle that this country lost a long time ago,and may never regain.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/28/11 4:59 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Is two considered a fleet? I have sold the RX-4,and the RX-3 was wreaked. Just the yellow 7,and Gumby.

...so you never got the Alpina BMW, huh?

Regardless, sweet to see you putting the ol' gal to work. Not to o many of those used to haul leaves these days.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G2fMKTCef2YRPAY4c3AGTlA3ArnoryIo5YyvNQzWtOVXzAxwZ3FgkmC9scrBn1tN