1 2 3 ... 23
eastsidemav
eastsidemav New Reader
10/7/09 8:33 p.m.

Last time at the challenge was 2007. I wanted to get down there this weekend to watch the competition, but a cousin is getting married in Michigan this weekend. But, at least we should be able to get down there next year to watch...

...except an 87 Firebird deal has fallen into my lap. Made a $500 offer that will probably be accepted. Its a 305/T5 hardtop/manual windows/locks car, and there's a $400 350/700R4 in the garage from a cop car that was going to go in my 28 Chevy. I was there in 05/06/07, and don't seem to recall any high placing 3rd gen F-bodies. Am I being forgetful? Have any done well other years?. They seem to be a good platform, and a lot of them are priced right.

And lastly, but most importantly, who else is in the ranks of planning/building their 2010 car already?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/09 9:13 p.m.

me, still working on the $2010 vehicle

VanillaSky
VanillaSky Reader
10/7/09 9:35 p.m.

I'm hoping to. Haven't found what I'm running, though. I'll probably stick with an old Honda and add boost.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/7/09 9:39 p.m.

I pick my new one up on Sunday!

-Les

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
10/7/09 10:05 p.m.

Been working on mine since 07.

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing New Reader
10/7/09 10:06 p.m.

Re-named, re-painted, and, representative(performance wise) of its namesake the DaCon Monza will be there

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
10/8/09 5:22 a.m.

We are! Dates are just about set and nailed down.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/8/09 6:02 a.m.

Yep. Arrives today.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/8/09 6:11 a.m.

Me!

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
10/8/09 6:27 a.m.

I know of 4 in progress. And we may build something too.

midknight
midknight Reader
10/8/09 6:43 a.m.

Me too! Passing through G'ville today but may only have time to drive through the hotel parking lot! I've got my challenge car for next year, but i was hoping to see what new ideas folks came up with that I could copy Only place to really see that is in the parking lot of the track. Good luck to all and be safe!!

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
10/8/09 7:06 a.m.

2010 is out of the question for me.

But knowing that Per has bugged me to come back (especially with that darned top 25 Challengers...), my friend and I are considering a 2011 entry.

Alfa, yes. Spider, no. And if we manage to make the joke we intend, the ones of you who don't get it... well, it's so obvious, you should.

Eric

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
10/8/09 7:47 a.m.

Got a car, pick up a motor Saturday. Have to finish the tow vehicle first.

All I need now is $$$ and time.

Dan

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/8/09 7:49 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Me!

Huh?

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/8/09 8:09 a.m.

I am prepping to begin prepping! Really all I've done is sold the car that was in the garage space where the project car will be. I've formulated a plan.... now it is just about shopping and building.

Have fun at the event this year all!

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/8/09 8:11 a.m.

my 318Ti is getting prepped for the $2010 challenge.. :)

I am just trying to figure out what to do with the other $600 I haven't spent yet!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/8/09 8:56 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
MrJoshua wrote: Me!
Huh?

I think I have prepped for every challenge held.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean New Reader
10/8/09 8:59 a.m.

Aaron (ratghia) and I are planning to be part of a 2 or 3 car team next year. More details to come!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
10/8/09 9:24 a.m.

Going to look at yet ANOTHER possible donor today. I have talked to the seller, and he is intrigued by the concept of one of his former possessions getting magazine coverage. Am even bringing a copy of the latest issue that has Challenge coverage with me. Then, I need to find an engine. Non-titled cars ARE eligible, are they not? If it had a title, it would be street legal. However, it does not (have not determined why it does not have one yet, that was in his last email that I received today).

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/8/09 9:32 a.m.

Nobody checks for title or registration.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
10/8/09 11:25 a.m.

Damn, just got word, someone rolled up and paid twice what he was asking (and admittedly, it was worth more than that, I don't think the guy knew what he had). Still, a plan is in place, this just means that I will go over $1000 now.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav New Reader
10/8/09 4:01 p.m.

Cool to see so many people are already thinking 2010. I've just got to get up to Pennsylvania to accompany Wheels on one of his infamous swap meet hunts :)

Also trying to convince a friend to finish the turbo Neon he ran in 2006 that had massive issues. They're mostly ironed out, but he's not sure he'll have time to go to G'ville.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/8/09 4:51 p.m.

i've got my eye on a car... if i can get the engine unseized it would be a good 1st time out GRM challenge car :)

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing New Reader
10/8/09 5:00 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Cool to see so many people are already thinking 2010. I've just got to get up to Pennsylvania to accompany Wheels on one of his infamous swap meet hunts :) Also trying to convince a friend to finish the turbo Neon he ran in 2006 that had massive issues. They're mostly ironed out, but he's not sure he'll have time to go to G'ville.

Nov 7th at the Farm Show complex

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
10/8/09 7:45 p.m.

have the car and working on it now...just taking two years so far andf it look like it will be tree to be done...sigh...... i have a g-body i am bringing....

1 2 3 ... 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
47KBkjJGcOKOWixUY09lyRuorh7g2Y6Xp9buYhLOeDK4mtcwaWiEqUeFSJFeJGdA