1 2
pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
1/18/12 7:44 p.m.

I got some good news today.

The "Farm" came through for me. I called my agent and she got me a policy for $370 every 6 months, the best part is because we now have two cars with them my wife's insurance dropped $140 every six months. So subtract the $140 multi car discount from the $370 and I am paying $230 for the M3. Its a little more then Hagerty's but not double. They did not ask about racing, autocross, or road rally :).

Now I just need to figure out why my thread multiplied.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
1/19/12 12:46 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: . He basically did this @1:35 at CMP but in his C5 Z06 at a lower speed.

The Tea Party has a racecar?

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
1/19/12 12:53 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: For what it's worth, I always took the license plate off of my car if I was autocrossing a street-driven car. I wouldn't put it past State Farm to send someone down to the event and "spy" and end up canceling my insurance. Insurance companies are the lowest form of scum on earth, and they will do literally anything to get out of doing what you pay them for.

http://americanshareholders.org/economics-lesson-perverse-incentives-deadweight-losses-a2860

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
1/19/12 4:31 a.m.

My State farm guy knows exactly what I do and he's OK with it, so it's more of an individual thing. Choose your agents wisely.

FWIW, I NEVER buy a car without first having the insurance on it. I don't care much for expensive surprises.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
1/19/12 6:44 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Insurance companies are the lowest form of scum on earth, and they will do literally anything to get out of doing what you pay them for.

I work for an auto insurance company, in the claims department, and have for many years. So you're saying we're all scum and will do anything to get out of paying? Sigh.... I'll just say that your assertion couldn't be farther from the truth. The fact is they often pay for things they really don't have to, I've done it countless times.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/19/12 6:55 a.m.
DaewooOfDeath wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: . He basically did this @1:35 at CMP but in his C5 Z06 at a lower speed.
The Tea Party has a racecar?

And it's a Japanese car too XD

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hcbV3HPloFofiq9J3gFf6wjMdSjhD2cFLdKPbmnVglKlnEvOleceFBN0dzXCR9xA