1 2 3 4
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/19 8:56 a.m.
BoxheadTim said:
Woody said:

There has been a notable development...

And where are the pictures of said development?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/19 9:04 a.m.

That's rather nice looking.

Woody
8/9/19 9:07 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I think so, too. 

Woody
8/9/19 9:12 a.m.

More details to come in a brand new thread, probably tonight. 

Schizamm
Schizamm New Reader
8/23/19 4:37 p.m.

I've been seriously considering a P2 V70R with a manual transmission. This thread helped me go farther down the rabbit hole

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/23/19 4:48 p.m.

I got my $100 2k V70xc running this week.  New tires and unrusty rotors and it will be good, I think.

It's even 90s SUV green.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
8/23/19 6:31 p.m.

To me, a MT in a Volvo is a negative rather than a positive. Easily one of the worst feeling manual boxes I’ve driven.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/19 6:47 p.m.
CyberEric said:

To me, a MT in a Volvo is a negative rather than a positive. Easily one of the worst feeling manual boxes I’ve driven.

Depends on the car.

I drove semi-extensively a 940 Turbo with the 4sp/overdrive trans, and it worked pretty well.  Playing with the Overdrive button was fun, as were the turbo's prespool noises.

Likeise,drove (somewhat less extensively) a 2.4l S60 with a manual, and it wasn't disagreeable.

OTOH I could not imagine driving a 4000lb ultra-insulated drive by wire hulk like my S60R with a manual.  You can't hear the engine, you can't "feel" the engine, and the engine repsonse is pretty disconnected from where you are putting the pedal thanks to the drive by wire calibration and the reliance on the turbo to do anything at all.  How the heck would you drive it with a manual?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UM4PPbTxQRiLm8szz21fYnoQQGhVyoK4yAizKDqZ6Hu9nucvAtPStipvdQJ52h3b