DWNSHFT HalfDork
Feb. 9, 2013 1:25 a.m.

Spotted this in Scottsdale, Arizona recently. It's so wild I had to share. The rear bodywork makes me think "Moby Dick." Center lock wheels with 345/25 tires!

David

The_Jed Dork
Feb. 9, 2013 1:33 a.m.

That first shot makes me think they were emulating an Exige.

jwickett722
jwickett722 New Reader
Feb. 9, 2013 2:04 a.m.

Definately not a custom job by an individual. would have been done by an aftermarket company, my best guess is TechArt. I like the rear spoiler, it has hints of the 1986 Ruf CTR2 Yellowbird.

Catatafish Reader
Feb. 9, 2013 2:49 a.m.

Not usually a fan of modified Porsches, but yes please!

turbojunker HalfDork
Feb. 9, 2013 3:28 a.m.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/117969-very-custom-996-gt2-rsr.html

Maroon92 MegaDork
Feb. 9, 2013 6:04 a.m.

Wow, that thing is intense. A GT2 is already a killer (in the literal sense), and adding a ton more power is only a good thing...

MichaelYount Reader
Feb. 9, 2013 9:06 a.m.

"That first shot makes me think they were emulating an Exige." The other way around.

Looks nicely executed - but all the scoops, curves, bells, whistles makes me think it's trying just a bit too hard. "Hey, look at me! Look at me!"

Ian F PowerDork
Feb. 9, 2013 9:35 a.m.

Wow. Amazing build. That guy isn't afraid of spending some money...

NOHOME Dork
Feb. 9, 2013 10:22 a.m.

Cocaine, airplanes and that car are Gods way of telling you you have too much money. Its horrid in my books.

peter HalfDork
Feb. 9, 2013 10:27 a.m.
Ian F wrote: Wow. Amazing build. That guy isn't afraid of spending some money...

Nah, if he weren't afraid of spending money, he'd take it to the track and risk balling it up. Willing to bet he's a hard-parker.

Not my cup of tea, but more power to him for going over-the-top.

oldtin UltraDork
Feb. 9, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Hideous for a street car, but well executed.

GameboyRMH UltimaDork
Feb. 9, 2013 12:04 p.m.

He needs to paint the vents and dive planes the same color as the car, or drive it fast enough for nobody to get a good look...

jere Reader
Feb. 9, 2013 12:57 p.m.

At first glance I was thinking it was neat, but looking through that build thread changed my mind. $11,000 for a set of wheels, $4000 for a powersteering... over $300K for the whole thing. Now I am just thinking that is too much money for something that will have a hard time with Miatas in and out of the corners.

TR8owner Reader
Feb. 9, 2013 4:08 p.m.

Well, I guess beauty really does lie in the eye of the beholder.

Gearheadotaku UltraDork
Feb. 10, 2013 11:55 a.m.

Is that roof scoop even hooked to anything? Looks like it's just pinched closed at the end. Add what ever vents, scoops, grilles you want to a car, just make sure they do a legit function.

turbojunker HalfDork
Feb. 10, 2013 11:58 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Is that roof scoop even hooked to anything? Looks like it's just pinched closed at the end. Add what ever vents, scoops, grilles you want to a car, just make sure they do a legit function.

According to the thread, it's part of the rear window, and it goes to the intercoolers.

doc_speeder Reader
Feb. 10, 2013 12:49 p.m.

Holy F&F Batman. That thing is hideous.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Autocross: It's a Jeep Thing

12 hours ago in Articles

What’s a yellow Jeep doing on an autocross course?

GRM Live on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

15 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Tech Tips: 2005-'14 Ford Mustang GT

15 hours ago in Articles

Want to learn some speed tricks for the S197 Ford Mustang GT? We brought in an expert.

Removing Clear Bra From Project Rallycross Focus

16 hours ago in Project Cars

Our latest to-do item was motivated by self-respect rather than speed.

2017 Ram 1500 Night Edition Crew Cab

16 hours ago in New Car Reviews

Half-ton trucks are just getting bigger and bigger, aren't they. This Ram 150, dubbed "Night Edition," is really an optioned-out ...

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

18 hours ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Action Cam Guide

1 day ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

1 day ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

1 day ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

4 days ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

4 days ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI 4Motion

4 days ago in New Car Reviews

Say hello to the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S with 4Motion. It comes with a turbocharged 1.8-liter engine that is ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
sYBspVI3QwmVNUoZ3ObKN6fi9yUCJa4K