Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/12 9:27 a.m.

Finding my 944 in the back of the newest issue really made my day. Awesome!!!! THANK YOU!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/12 10:12 a.m.

I thought it was cool when I got quoted in the "say what" section a couple times but having a photo of your car in the mag is 1,000 X more cool!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Armitage
Armitage Reader
2/19/12 10:13 a.m.

Congrats! I haven't made it that far into the issue yet but will be on the lookout.

I've found pics of my cars in the mag a few times over the years which is always a neat surprise. Just another reason GRM is the best; it really is for and about the readers.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
2/19/12 10:19 a.m.

mines not here yet

always seems to be a couple of weeks late .... wonder which person at the local PO that likes cars

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
2/19/12 10:28 a.m.

I've been quoted in "Say What?" twice, had one letter published and had two cars (one was for challenge coverage, so that's kinda by default) in the pages of this grand magazine. Do you think I can start charging for my autograph?

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
2/19/12 10:29 a.m.

I'll keep my eyes peeled Jav, My next issue should be here about 6 weeks AFTER you guys are done talking about it But I suspect my mailman is building a challenge car.....

Javelin
2/19/12 11:04 a.m.

I've been into "Say What?" twice before and was used as one of the sources for the "Buying on the Internet" article ~5 years ago, but this is the first time any car I've owned has ever been in a car magazine. It's soooo cool!!!

My wife didn't believe me at first. "Yes honey, it looks just like ours". No dear, it IS ours, read it! "Oh, oooh, cool!" As a bonus my parents and sister were all visiting us from Cali (to see the baby), so I got to share it.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/19/12 11:11 a.m.

I think i've only been in "Say What." But i've been in that quite a few times.

(Insert something witty here.)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/20/12 10:59 a.m.

Congrats!

scardeal
scardeal Dork
2/20/12 11:26 a.m.

I would love to be quoted in "Say What", but everything I say is lame. Sniff sniff

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
2/20/12 12:50 p.m.

Talk is cheap, so I have a lot of it, hence repeat appearances in say what. Cars are pricey, and cool cars take time - I have little of both... Im happy just being in say what.

Congrats Jav!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
2/20/12 1:21 p.m.

Nice work man, and nice Pcar. I'm hoping I get in there at some point. I'd love to frame the page and hang it up in my shop.

Javelin
2/20/12 1:44 p.m.

Thanks everybody!

And yes, I have to find a store today that has GRM's so I can buy a few to send to family & friends and mount a page and the cover together on the wall in the garage.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
2/20/12 2:15 p.m.

Yeah apparently the post office likes to read mine before I get it. I have yet to be quoted in Say What? but I'll say something dumb enough as some point to get me in I'm sure.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
2/20/12 2:44 p.m.

Congrats! I've been in the mag, and so has my car, but I don't think I've ever been in "Say What?". Speaking of which, someone should start a "Say What?" database. It would be pretty fun to read them all.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
2/20/12 3:11 p.m.

I've been in Say What twice, and my car has been in the mag once (in a very tiny shot), but I seriously opened to the back page of the magazine and said "Where did they get pictures of my 944?" It seriously looks almost identical to Jav's car.

They're twins.

Javelin
2/20/12 4:30 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

You need phone dials or I need cookie-cutters to complete the ruse.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
2/23/12 2:11 a.m.
16vCorey wrote: Congrats! I've been in the mag, and so has my car, but I don't think I've ever been in "Say What?". Speaking of which, someone should start a "Say What?" database. It would be pretty fun to read them all.

This! Yes this!

Taiden
Taiden SuperDork
2/23/12 5:29 a.m.

One time an online acquaintance messaged me and said I was in GRM. It was the Say what? section. I can't remember what it was though. This was long before I had a subscription.

To be honest I rarely even read the mag, I just bought it for coffee table type of use and to support the community. Also the tshirt!

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
2/23/12 6:15 a.m.

Great, now you've got me hunting down the issues I was in. Not that my "Say What" was very good.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3Jlgasspv3mqdLBvKupb3hEkpLzMqe5G7k90YFeGwKOIjy1KckGtmqbXOQPXk5CZ