Javelin SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 9:27 a.m.

Finding my 944 in the back of the newest issue really made my day. Awesome!!!! THANK YOU!

dean1484 SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 10:12 a.m.

I thought it was cool when I got quoted in the "say what" section a couple times but having a photo of your car in the mag is 1,000 X more cool!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Armitage Reader
Feb. 19, 2012 10:13 a.m.

Congrats! I haven't made it that far into the issue yet but will be on the lookout.

I've found pics of my cars in the mag a few times over the years which is always a neat surprise. Just another reason GRM is the best; it really is for and about the readers.

wbjones SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 10:19 a.m.

mines not here yet

always seems to be a couple of weeks late .... wonder which person at the local PO that likes cars

DrBoost SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 10:28 a.m.

I've been quoted in "Say What?" twice, had one letter published and had two cars (one was for challenge coverage, so that's kinda by default) in the pages of this grand magazine. Do you think I can start charging for my autograph?

DrBoost SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 10:29 a.m.

I'll keep my eyes peeled Jav, My next issue should be here about 6 weeks AFTER you guys are done talking about it But I suspect my mailman is building a challenge car.....

Javelin SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 11:04 a.m.

I've been into "Say What?" twice before and was used as one of the sources for the "Buying on the Internet" article ~5 years ago, but this is the first time any car I've owned has ever been in a car magazine. It's soooo cool!!!

My wife didn't believe me at first. "Yes honey, it looks just like ours". No dear, it IS ours, read it! "Oh, oooh, cool!" As a bonus my parents and sister were all visiting us from Cali (to see the baby), so I got to share it.

92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
Feb. 19, 2012 11:11 a.m.

I think i've only been in "Say What." But i've been in that quite a few times.

(Insert something witty here.)

David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Feb. 20, 2012 10:59 a.m.

Congrats!

scardeal Dork
Feb. 20, 2012 11:26 a.m.

I would love to be quoted in "Say What", but everything I say is lame. Sniff sniff

4cylndrfury SuperDork
Feb. 20, 2012 12:50 p.m.

Talk is cheap, so I have a lot of it, hence repeat appearances in say what. Cars are pricey, and cool cars take time - I have little of both... Im happy just being in say what.

Congrats Jav!

ultraclyde HalfDork
Feb. 20, 2012 1:21 p.m.

Nice work man, and nice Pcar. I'm hoping I get in there at some point. I'd love to frame the page and hang it up in my shop.

Javelin SuperDork
Feb. 20, 2012 1:44 p.m.

Thanks everybody!

And yes, I have to find a store today that has GRM's so I can buy a few to send to family & friends and mount a page and the cover together on the wall in the garage.

moparman76_69 Reader
Feb. 20, 2012 2:15 p.m.

Yeah apparently the post office likes to read mine before I get it. I have yet to be quoted in Say What? but I'll say something dumb enough as some point to get me in I'm sure.

16vCorey SuperDork
Feb. 20, 2012 2:44 p.m.

Congrats! I've been in the mag, and so has my car, but I don't think I've ever been in "Say What?". Speaking of which, someone should start a "Say What?" database. It would be pretty fun to read them all.

Maroon92 SuperDork
Feb. 20, 2012 3:11 p.m.

I've been in Say What twice, and my car has been in the mag once (in a very tiny shot), but I seriously opened to the back page of the magazine and said "Where did they get pictures of my 944?" It seriously looks almost identical to Jav's car.

They're twins.

Javelin SuperDork
Feb. 20, 2012 4:30 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

You need phone dials or I need cookie-cutters to complete the ruse.

BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
Feb. 23, 2012 2:11 a.m.
16vCorey wrote: Congrats! I've been in the mag, and so has my car, but I don't think I've ever been in "Say What?". Speaking of which, someone should start a "Say What?" database. It would be pretty fun to read them all.

This! Yes this!

Taiden SuperDork
Feb. 23, 2012 5:29 a.m.

One time an online acquaintance messaged me and said I was in GRM. It was the Say what? section. I can't remember what it was though. This was long before I had a subscription.

To be honest I rarely even read the mag, I just bought it for coffee table type of use and to support the community. Also the tshirt!

Osterkraut SuperDork
Feb. 23, 2012 6:15 a.m.

Great, now you've got me hunting down the issues I was in. Not that my "Say What" was very good.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

12 hours ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

1 day ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

3 days ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

4 days ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

4 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

5 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

6 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

6 days ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

6 days ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

1 week ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

1 week ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
PA8oLIq4oogWRATJLO4bNWfLloZzt2rB