1 2 3 4
joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/16/19 9:05 p.m.
Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
4/17/19 8:18 p.m.

Well, like they say; one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. :)

Thanks again, Joel. I hope you enjoy your next car as much as I’m enjoying the FoST

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
4/17/19 9:29 p.m.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/17/19 10:24 p.m.

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

I never thought she was trash!  I thought she was a great car, just not a great car for me!

and I do love when a plan comes together. 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
4/18/19 5:40 a.m.
joey48442 said:

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

I never thought she was trash!  I thought she was a great car, just not a great car for me!

and I do love when a plan comes together. 

I realize now that using that idiom sounds bad. My bad; I just meant you were done with it. This car was definitely taken care of.  

And I agree. The plan came together nicely. Thanks again. 

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/20/19 6:39 a.m.

So, I drove an fr-s. Seems like a fantastic car!!!  Didn’t seem as slow as people make them out to be, although it’s not particularly fast. Seems nice  and sharp handling. Had a minor front end collision back in 15. Not sure if it’s a deal breaker or not. But really nice car. 

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
4/20/19 7:32 a.m.

Glad you drove the FR-S. Some cars, like that one, really need to be driven since they're engineered to have a good driving experience, and the driver needs to like how the car feels.

Since you're still looking, don't forget to to test drive a GTI and a 500 Abarth to compare to the FR-S/BRZ.

bcp2011
bcp2011 Reader
4/20/19 5:18 p.m.

A set of headers + tune can really wake up the car, so it helps a little on the power front (~20-25hp).  

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/22/19 8:02 p.m.

So I got all excitable and bought this

oh my gosh it’s awesome. 46k Miles, 2014, one owner, 12,500. I love the driving experience of this thing. Super direct and connected feeling. Thanks everyone for your advice!

oh, and this was stuck to the dash. Anyone know what it means? The owner is a Chinese guy, if that helps. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/22/19 8:17 p.m.

Nice! Is it black or a dark metallic blue? Looks sharp.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
4/22/19 8:24 p.m.

Congrats! yes

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/22/19 8:47 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Thanks!  It’s dark blue. I was honoring for something brighter as I’m sick of dark colored cars but it’s really nice color

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/23/19 12:42 a.m.
joey48442 said:

Anyone know what it means? The owner is a Chinese guy, if that helps. 

Congrats on the purchase! I’m still loving my ‘13 which I bought new, so I can relate.

As for the sticker, the writing is Japanese and it says, “Ganbare” which is a bit tough to translate exactly, but is something like, “Give it your best/hang in there/go for it”

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/23/19 1:50 a.m.

You will have to get used to Internet jockeys telling you how the 86 isn't enough  this and isn't enough that. 

Do what I do: tell them is my car, I love it, suck eggs, I'm going for a drive.

With the right kind of eyes, every drive in my FR-S is fun. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/23/19 1:52 a.m.

Also, the stock rims look really good all one color. Mine are dark gold, and really pop.

bcp2011
bcp2011 Reader
4/23/19 9:30 a.m.
joey48442 said:

oh my gosh it’s awesome. 46k Miles, 2014, one owner, 12,500. I love the driving experience of this thing. Super direct and connected feeling. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Damn, that's a steal!!  Great buy and glad you're enjoying it.  Welcome to the twins family!!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/19 9:32 a.m.
ae86andkp61 said:
joey48442 said:

Anyone know what it means? The owner is a Chinese guy, if that helps. 

Congrats on the purchase! I’m still loving my ‘13 which I bought new, so I can relate.

As for the sticker, the writing is Japanese and it says, “Ganbare” which is a bit tough to translate exactly, but is something like, “Give it your best/hang in there/go for it”

Also, that's Doraemon.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/23/19 10:33 a.m.
Appleseed said:

You will have to get used to Internet jockeys telling you how the 86 isn't enough  this and isn't enough that. 

You will have to get used to Internet fanbois tell you that nothing can be improved about the car. devil

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/23/19 7:53 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I’ve heard people bitch about the power. I have no complaints. Sure it’s not torquey but that’s okay. If you come at it expecting to compare it to a mustang it’s lame power wise. But compare it to all the other 2800 pound rear wheel drive coupes andddddd. Wait no there really aren’t many lol. I think it’s fantastic if viewed as it’s own thing. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/23/19 10:11 p.m.

My favorite quip when the topic of power comes up is, "So... you really just want a 370Z?" laugh

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/24/19 7:20 a.m.
Appleseed said:

My favorite quip when the topic of power comes up is, "So... you really just want a 370Z?" laugh

Nah. If the next gen car actually has a 2.4 FA that kicks up the tq/hp without adding too much weight to the car, I'll likely buy another one. 

I really wish Nissan would do something with the 370Z as well. And Subaru a new STi. 

I'm actually considering selling my car and just using Uber to get back and forth to work until something new and exciting comes out.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/24/19 8:43 a.m.
bcp2011 said:
joey48442 said:

Damn, that's a steal!!  Great buy and glad you're enjoying it.  Welcome to the twins family!!

That's about 75% of what I paid for my '15 last year with identical mileage. Very good deal, and glad you're enjoying the car!

Snrub
Snrub HalfDork
4/24/19 2:41 p.m.
z31maniac said:

Nah. If the next gen car actually has a 2.4 FA that kicks up the tq/hp without adding too much weight to the car, I'll likely buy another one. 

One of the more recent rumors reported all over the place suggested Subaru's current platforms can't support RWD and they're looking to use the Toyota TNGA platform. If that's the case, would a Subaru engine make sense? Toyota has a 2.0L turbo now, I wonder if they'd use that? I admit that I'm hoping they use a toyota engine, any toyota engine.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/24/19 2:56 p.m.
Snrub said:
z31maniac said:

One of the more recent rumors reported all over the place suggested Subaru's current platforms can't support RWD and they're looking to use the Toyota TNGA platform. If that's the case, would a Subaru engine make sense? Toyota has a 2.0L turbo now, I wonder if they'd use that? I admit that I'm hoping they use a toyota engine, any toyota engine.

I read that too. I hope not. They'd likely have to ditch how low slung the hood is to fit an upright I4. I know guys are doing motor swaps, with some I4s, but cutting hoods, lowering subframes, etc. IE nothing an OEM would find acceptable.

Snrub
Snrub HalfDork
4/24/19 3:44 p.m.

Is the hood *that* low though? The Miata's hood is low. Is the 240sx's hood any different? If it's that much of an issue, the old school OEM solution was a slant engine.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bZPcRTnrDaw9T1t9boqoUTliSrK6gc1PPllqtJ7WAux525VHd25SYnPzcIVi5aRy