1 2
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/8/19 10:44 a.m.

Today I started getting pop up ads on GRM EVERY time I change pages. 

Wow, that’s aggravating. 

Please reconsider, guys. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
2/8/19 10:45 a.m.

Seconded.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/8/19 10:46 a.m.

Don't worry, we're already working on a fix. The email subscribe button should only appear once per week at most.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/8/19 11:04 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Thank you. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/19 11:25 a.m.

It would be kinda nice if you'd tie that into our profiles as many of us are subscribers to the magazine and to the emails.  It would be less aggravating to your existing supporters and actually target those that aren't supporters.

Just a thought.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/8/19 11:35 a.m.
Stefan said:

It would be kinda nice if you'd tie that into our profiles as many of us are subscribers to the magazine and to the emails.  It would be less aggravating to your existing supporters and actually target those that aren't supporters.

Just a thought.

Oh, no doubt. Not an easy or quick fix, but marrying our subscription  and website info is our long-term goal. Right now we’ll just be happy to have that damn popup start behaving again.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/19 12:05 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Stefan said:

Just a thought.

Oh, no doubt. Not an easy or quick fix, but marrying our subscription  and website info is our long-term goal. Right now we’ll just be happy to have that damn popup start behaving again.

Understood.  I work in IT Security so I get how complex that sort of work gets, especially on an externally facing corporate website.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/8/19 12:08 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Stefan said:

Just a thought.

Maybe you need to build another extension to the patio. It works for all of us.....

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/8/19 12:09 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
Stefan said:

Just a thought.

Usually I just threaten to beat Lil Stampie if he's misbehaving. It's very effective if you use the right voice as I've never had to follow through.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/8/19 12:09 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I think we just shared the same thought! 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/8/19 12:19 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Should I go see a doctor?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/8/19 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

It usually clears up in 24 hours. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/8/19 1:26 p.m.

Still seeing the popup more than once?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/8/19 1:32 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Yep.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/9/19 7:20 a.m.

Still seeing it. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
2/9/19 8:18 a.m.

Haven't seen it on either my Chromebook or Android phone since 3pm CST yesterday. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/9/19 9:40 a.m.

It’s still there. frown

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/9/19 9:49 a.m.

Strange... I've seen the threads about it, but haven't been subjected to the pop-up.  Running IE on Win10.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/9/19 3:52 p.m.

Still happening, but much less frequently. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/9/19 4:08 p.m.

It went away yesterday on my Android S5.

No issue on my home PC but I use an ad blocker.

Work computer had a small window in lower right corner today but not intrusive. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/9/19 4:37 p.m.

This morning on mobile it was almost unusable

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
2/9/19 5:55 p.m.

I have it on mobile and desktop. Mobile seems much worse

djsilver
djsilver Reader
2/9/19 7:15 p.m.

Ublock Origin works for me...,

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/19 7:18 p.m.

Three times in the past five minutes on my iPhone. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/9/19 11:50 p.m.
Woody said:

Three times in the past five minutes on my iPhone. 

Similar story here. Didn’t see it at all until yesterday. Saw it once on Friday on my computer. 

Chrome for both. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zhAwA9jViU9iCSS2OgUh3jM6YlfucEi2c8eLyrKeyL1aAmlYrOEGkt3jCHZfSrtD