FlightService SuperDork
March 18, 2012 8:46 a.m.

2007 Mustang GT for $21,800

Am I the only one who thinks he is hitting the wacky weed on this one?

Ian F UltraDork
March 18, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Judging by the mods and the mileage, this is obviously someone's baby and pricing reality tends to get lost in emotions.

mad_machine MegaDork
March 18, 2012 9:02 a.m.

sadly, the mods only dimminsh it's value to the average buyer.. would have been better to return to stock and sell the parts seperatly

Ian F UltraDork
March 18, 2012 9:15 a.m.

Yep, but like I said, that would be logical.

Unfortunately, we are going through a similar issue with my late friends MINI. He dumped buckets of money into the car to suit his dreams. Before he passed, he thought he could sell the car for $25-30k when in reality, it might be worth somewhere in high teens (it is a Jcw with very low miles). Fortunately, his g/f who he left the car to is a little more realistic.

Ranger50 SuperDork
March 18, 2012 9:36 a.m.

That seems about fair... Although reality probably means 17-18k. I would offer to buy at 16 with 18 as the limit.

Racer1ab Reader
March 18, 2012 11:07 a.m.
FlightService wrote: 2007 Mustang GT for $21,800 Am I the only one who thinks he is hitting the wacky weed on this one?

"Yes dear, I did put the Mustang up for sale."

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
March 18, 2012 1:20 p.m.

On a collectors car site?

Are 2007 Mustangs collectors cars now??

RedS13Coupe Reader
March 18, 2012 4:19 p.m.

I think you missed the part where the kelly blue book clearly stated the car was worth even more then he is asking.

fasted58 SuperDork
March 18, 2012 4:46 p.m.

sooo, if GRMers owned this car what's the asking price and the bottom line you'd take?

<6K mi. w/ speed goodies

DILYSI Dave MegaDork
March 19, 2012 8:26 a.m.

Yes / No.

His is uber low mileage, has tasteful mods, and looks to be in pretty impeccable condition. So while it's pricy for a 5 year old Mustang, it's a pretty damn nice Mustang.

On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

Sky_Render Reader
March 19, 2012 8:51 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Yes / No. His is uber low mileage, has tasteful mods, and looks to be in pretty impeccable condition. So while it's pricy for a 5 year old Mustang, it's a pretty damn nice Mustang. On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

Unfortunately some Mustang owners are like that. Cobra GT500 owners are almost as bad as Corvette owners.

"No, I don't race this car. I only drive it to car shows on sunny weekends while always observing the posted speed limit."

This is what you're supposed to do with your "fun car":

BBsGarage HalfDork
March 19, 2012 8:56 a.m.

Is it normal to accept MC and VISA these days?

pinchvalve PowerDork
March 19, 2012 9:00 a.m.

Apparently, you all missed the 8" shorty antenna. See? Yep. NOW it seems worth it, doesn't it?

mndsm UberDork
March 19, 2012 9:12 a.m.

Meh, it's a Mustang. It's a GT. in 10 years it'll be worth about as much as other GT's.

unevolved Dork
March 19, 2012 9:27 a.m.
RedS13Coupe wrote: I think you missed the part where the kelly blue book clearly stated the car was worth even more then he is asking.

Exactly. I don't understand the uproar. He's about dead on the money for KBB value.

http://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/2007-ford-mustang/gt-coupe-2d/?vehicleid=83705&intent=buy-used&mileage=5000&category=coupe&condition=excellent&pricetype=private-party

Ranger50 SuperDork
March 19, 2012 9:37 a.m.
unevolved wrote:
RedS13Coupe wrote: I think you missed the part where the kelly blue book clearly stated the car was worth even more then he is asking.

Exactly. I don't understand the uproar. He's about dead on the money for KBB value.

http://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/2007-ford-mustang/gt-coupe-2d/?vehicleid=83705&intent=buy-used&mileage=5000&category=coupe&condition=excellent&pricetype=private-party

But it's still a stock Mustank with ugly wheels. He would be better off to put some FR/GT500 knockoffs or something on it and sell the 19's separately.

Osterkraut UltraDork
March 19, 2012 9:43 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Meh, it's a Mustang. It's a GT. in 10 years it'll be worth about as much as other GT's.

But in 30 years...

Chris_V SuperDork
March 19, 2012 9:50 a.m.

It is about where KBB puts it. BUT... I only paid $16k last year for my '06 GT Premium convertible with fairly low miles on it. And KBB put it at $22k.

DILYSI Dave MegaDork
March 19, 2012 9:54 a.m.

I'm really hoping to be financially ready to pull the trigger on my Mustang around the same time gas hits $5/gallon. The prices should plummet.

Appleseed PowerDork
March 20, 2012 2:11 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

That's 4,000 trips down the dragstrip.

novaderrik SuperDork
March 20, 2012 3:43 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

That's 4,000 trips down the dragstrip.

only if it's a 1/8 mile track- you have to factor in the return road and driving thru the pits..

FlightService SuperDork
March 20, 2012 7:13 a.m.
Chris_V wrote: It is about where KBB puts it. BUT... I only paid $16k last year for my '06 GT Premium convertible with fairly low miles on it. And KBB put it at $22k.

Yeah KBB isn't worth the electricity it takes to put it on your screen. I use it to bait people who know no better.

Now Black Book on the other hand...

ThePhranc HalfDork
March 20, 2012 7:21 a.m.
BBsGarage wrote: Is it normal to accept MC and VISA these days?

You can with a 'Square' dongle, app and a smart phone.

It's getting more common to use credit cards for personal transactions.

Chris_V SuperDork
March 20, 2012 8:09 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: sadly, the mods only dimminsh it's value to the average buyer.. would have been better to return to stock and sell the parts seperatly

When I was selling my modded cars, and people said that to get the car cheaper I'd always respond with "Oh, you want a STOCK car? Those are down the street at the dealer. If you're here looking at THIS car, it's because you want these mods. And they aren't free."

Never lost money on a modded car, and I've sold over 50 of 'em. If you want a stock one, buy a stock one. Don't try to chew down the price on a modded one. To me it's no different than trying to steal the parts that were installed.

March 20, 2012 8:28 a.m.

I've looked at a lot of Mustangs lately, and it is in the ballpark with most. More importantly, have you priced new ones?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Follow Us to the Nürburgring

2 days ago in News

Follow along as James Clay from BimmerWorld contests his first ADAC Zurich 24-Hour race at the Nürburgring.

Shark Bite: Back in 1997, Hyundai Was Into Rally

2 days ago in Articles

A Hyundai Tiburon as a rally car?

You Need This: Mazda RX-7 Turbo II Roller

2 days ago in News

What would you do with an empty RX-7 tub?

From the GRM Vault: Our First Drive of the Original BMW M3

2 days ago in Articles

We tested BMW's E30-chassis M3 back in 1989. Here's what we thought.

Great Moments in $2000 Challenge History: Minor Gasser

2 days ago in Articles

Here's what happens when you put a Chevy 350 in a Morris Minor.

What’s the Soonest That You Have Raced Your New Purchase?

3 days ago in News

This BMW M3 was wearing numbers 24 hours after getting registered.

You Need This: 2005 Lotus Elise

3 days ago in News

A Lotus Elise looks so right in British Racing Green.

2017 Mazda MX-5 RF

3 days ago in New Car Reviews

We're big fans of the Mazda MX-5. Now Mazda went and put a retractable fastback on their fourth-generation car. So, ...

Project Ramp Truck: Installing Sound Deadening

4 days ago in Project Cars

Time to cut down on heat and road noise making its way into the cab.

Eric Foss Sets Fastest Time Ever at the Tire Rack Ultimate Track Car Challenge

4 days ago in News

47 of the country's fastest cars battled it out for track supremacy.

Who Wants to Design the Next GRM T-Shirt?

4 days ago in News

Blipshift is involved, so you know that it will be cool.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Improving Upon the Ultimate Driving Machine

5 days ago in News

This E36-chassis M3 just keeps getting better.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
BnXohZF6L3IZT1gvkvN8Mj7mofPUl80K