1 2
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/20/10 1:23 a.m.

Just got home after 24 hours of driving with my new WRX. 75k miles, all stock except for the wheels. Here is a picture from the seller, I'll get more when I clean it up a bit.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
3/20/10 4:36 a.m.

Nice! I've always preferred the looks of the wagons over the sedans.

eg6ajk
eg6ajk New Reader
3/20/10 8:22 a.m.

Looks great, now time to gut out the up-pipe, purchase Tactrix cable and reflash.

here is my wagon.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Reader
3/20/10 8:58 a.m.

I've got an '02 wagon as well- how hard is this tactrix reflash bit? Teh interwebz make it look easy, but I'd hate to dick it up.

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/20/10 9:52 a.m.

I hate you EvanB. I've looked high and low for a wagon and none ever seem to turn up within a reasonable driving distance. The only exception to this was one I found that happened to be an automatic

pres589
pres589 Reader
3/20/10 10:40 a.m.

Cool car. Sometimes I see Forester XT's around here, the first gen, and I start thinking that they'd be a nice way to drive daily. Have to be something other than soccer mom beige or silver though...

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
3/20/10 11:09 a.m.

wow nice wagon! you still keeping the miata?

you mind me askin what you paid for the WRX?

EvanB
3/20/10 11:42 a.m.

Catless uppipe and downpipe with the tactrix cable is the first thing on my list.

I am selling the Miata to a friend. It is getting old and tired and I didn't want to put any more money into it.

The WRX was $7500, the seller was buying a new STI and just wanted more than the trade-in offer.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/20/10 12:01 p.m.
EvanB wrote: The WRX was $7500, the seller was buying a new STI and just wanted more than the trade-in offer.

is that FMV or a sweetheart deal? last time i looked, they hadn't dropped quite that far.

EvanB
3/20/10 12:12 p.m.

The blue book in good condition is $8500. All the other WRXs for sale on craigslist in the $8-9k range had over 100k miles on them so I would consider it a deal.

modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
3/20/10 12:27 p.m.
EvanB wrote: 75k miles, all put back to stock except for the wheels.

Sure it was stock? I don't think I've ever seen a WRX or STi that was stock for more than three months.

EvanB
3/20/10 12:42 p.m.

I'm pretty sure has always been stock. No cut heat shields, engine bay is dirty and looks like it hasn't been disturbed for a while. The seller bought it 6 years ago with 24k miles.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
3/20/10 1:54 p.m.

Paid $6500 3 years ago on a sweetheart deal (my buddy let me match the trade-in offer). Had 140K then, has closer to 180K now. Just got a 3" Vishnu exhaust and a full SPT suspension thru another buddy deal. :)

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/20/10 3:12 p.m.

Are those Konig Runaway wheels?

njansenv
njansenv Reader
3/20/10 3:55 p.m.

Congrats on the purchase! How do you guys like them? We've been considering them as an option for my wife: fuel mileage doesn't matter too much since she doesn't drive much, but loves Subarus.... We've been looking at small wagons, and this is pretty much at the top of the list, along with Mazda 3's, E46's. The TDI wagon came off our "fambily car" list today when we finally drove one. Anemic didn't begin to describe it.

Nathan

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
3/20/10 3:59 p.m.

Wagon Mafia!

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/20/10 5:14 p.m.

A WRX wagon would be sweet.

Here's my '99 OBS with a 2.5RS swap: Photobucket

EvanB
3/20/10 6:17 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Are those Konig Runaway wheels?

On mine? They are Rota Torque

EvanB
3/20/10 6:19 p.m.
njansenv wrote: Congrats on the purchase! How do you guys like them? We've been considering them as an option for my wife: fuel mileage doesn't matter too much since she doesn't drive much, but loves Subarus.... We've been looking at small wagons, and this is pretty much at the top of the list, along with Mazda 3's, E46's. The TDI wagon came off our "fambily car" list today when we finally drove one. Anemic didn't begin to describe it. Nathan

I love it so far. When I was shopping for this I also drove a Mazda3. The WRX feels more comfortable to me, it doesn't surround you as much as the Mazda if that makes sense.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
3/20/10 7:17 p.m.

OOOoohhh Subie 5-door goodness

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg New Reader
3/23/10 1:33 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Just got home after 24 hours of driving with my new WRX. 75k miles,

Man, that's a lot of miles in 24 hrs. Must be some kind of record.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/10 1:35 p.m.
rogerbvonceg wrote:
EvanB wrote: Just got home after 24 hours of driving with my new WRX. 75k miles,
Man, that's a lot of miles in 24 hrs. Must be some kind of record.

The space shuttle does more in less IIRC

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg New Reader
3/23/10 1:48 p.m.

In reply to John Brown:

True, but I think that's a different class.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/10 1:49 p.m.

It looks just like Daves.

From CARS

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
3/23/10 2:33 p.m.

still laughing

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners