GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
4/22/19 7:45 a.m.

First, Anybody in Atlanta work at Yamaha in Marietta? So They have an R&D Dept. There A Few years ago I meet a Couple Guy's that worked there.

Looking for an alternitive Engine tranny combo A Junk Yard Offers up an Audi v8, made By Yamaha, I find the Boat Has a model with Intake and Exaust Reversed , ie,  The Exaust Comes out the Top like an Old Indy Cosworth Ford.

I Want One !

Educate Me.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/22/19 8:16 a.m.

You mean a hot V engine? The current powerstroke is a hot V as well. Amg GT has one as well as the new panamera.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
4/22/19 8:23 a.m.

not sure may be to Complex for me.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/19 11:51 a.m.
GTXVette said:

First, Anybody in Atlanta work at Yamaha in Marietta? So They have an R&D Dept. There A Few years ago I meet a Couple Guy's that worked there.

Looking for an alternitive Engine tranny combo A Junk Yard Offers up an Audi v8, made By Yamaha, I find the Boat Has a model with Intake and Exaust Reversed , ie,  The Exaust Comes out the Top like an Old Indy Cosworth Ford.

I Want One !

Educate Me.

Try again, that wasn't an Audi V8.  It was the Ford SHO engine made by Yamaha.  It was attached to a transaxle and stuffed in the front of the Taurus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_SHO_V8_engine

There are Audi V8/transaxle combos, but Yamaha never had anything to do with them.

_
_ Reader
4/22/19 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

You left out the part where you say it was terrible, and nobody should ever run it 

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
4/22/19 4:20 p.m.

Well but yeah, Not The SHO Same Bore spacing and other simiarities

32valve 5.3 litre V8 also a 4.4l and 3.5l?    I Guess I am wrong ,  Mabey I'm thinking the Boat moter in Vettes. 

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
4/22/19 5:59 p.m.
GTXVette said:

Well but yeah, Not The SHO Same Bore spacing and other simiarities

32valve 5.3 litre V8 also a 4.4l and 3.5l?    I Guess I am wrong ,  Mabey I'm thinking the Boat moter in Vettes. 

The engine in the Vettes was made by Mercury Marine

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gL5zZ4Nf4KwfkXt3TX1XzMiBYeoodawXWuRFZ4kbZZjPpoJ3j3OWsGkG1Nwg2i7H