Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
7/30/15 1:25 p.m.

I am looking at an 02 Z4 with 130k on the clock.

What should I know about these? Should I run screaming for the hills or take a serious look at it? Will it bankrupt me with repairs or just nickle and dime me to death? Reliable or not.

And . . . GO!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/30/15 1:47 p.m.

No first hand knowledge, but I would think they are every bit as reliable as the Z3. Watch for proper cooling maintenance.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
7/30/15 3:32 p.m.

If it was maintained well, it shouldn't be an issue.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
7/30/15 6:14 p.m.

I just got a hold of the seller. He says it has some frame damage.

What does the hive think?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
7/30/15 6:34 p.m.

Not me.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/15 6:41 p.m.

Frame damage? No...

What are those things going for these days?

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
7/30/15 6:55 p.m.

This one is 6k. I am going to look at it. I can always walk away. Bringing a jack with me!

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
7/31/15 8:34 a.m.

Never mind. Turns out they lied. It is a slush box when they said it was a manuel. This is a deal breaker for me.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/31/15 8:47 a.m.
Kia_Racer wrote: Never mind. Turns out they lied. It is a slush box when they said it was a manuel. This is a deal breaker for me.

Bummer.

The only experience that I have with a Z4 is that I rode in one owned and driven by the head tech (and maybe co owner?) at Bimmerhaus in CO. We were out on the track in Pueblo. It was highly modified of course, but I never felt another car that could brake and turn as hard as that one. Seriously, coming off the back straight my arms would float at about an 80 degree angle.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mU4MyJi8DVLEhTbXBafEn1esbTbsJiFsEhSodaiJcRpJSmmwJcjCqxBZ1giGC34C