1 2 3 4
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/12 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Meh, looks easy to "fix". It's what the Doc wants (like hardtop) for the already $25K realistic price.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
9/10/12 7:15 p.m.

I like that black one. I always scout the local craigslist for an elise. It is the one car I really want to sell my Mazdaspeed Miata to get.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/10/12 7:31 p.m.

That's kinda nice. A real contrast from my white Esprit. Humm... Jave, if you want, call him and go look at it for me. I can have a driver there in about 2 days.

What to look for:

Listen very carefully to the motor. Not the exhaust, the motor. There shouldn't be any cam noise. It should sound like a Celica. There was a run of bad cams and if there's cam noise, it's likely shot. Fix it early and it's cheap(ish). Fix it late and it's new motor and oil coolers.

Does the AC work? Were the oil lines replaced under recall? Have the cams been replaced?
Tire condition? (They eat rear tires every 10K miles). Any signs of body damage/repair? Title: Clear, no un-released liens? IN THE NAME OF THE PERSON SELLING THE CAR? Look at the actual title and confirm all this. Current registration?

Anyway, it's a bit far for me to initiate, but if you want to mess with it and do a recon for me, see if he'll take 24, ask him how he wants to be paid and I can have a driver there in a couple of days.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
9/10/12 7:32 p.m.
Javelin wrote:

This car is perfect in every way. There's just no other way to describe it.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/10/12 7:42 p.m.

In reply to Jay:

I would have said 'black'.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/10/12 7:47 p.m.

You know, all of a sudden I just don't think I need my soul any more. It's certainly devilish enough blacked out like that too.

I wonder if he'd take a pair of Europas in pieces as a partial trade?

Javelin wrote:
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/10/12 8:21 p.m.

Do Europas come any other way?

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/12 8:31 p.m.

Do these have precats in the headers? If so, get rid of those.

Javelin
9/10/12 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

I'll email you tomorrow.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/11/12 6:37 a.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

Yes, but only from owners who smoke crack. It seems they're basket-cases or $25k!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/11/12 7:12 a.m.

Thanks, Jav, and check how many miles. Oh, and make sure the windows go up and down. Some things never change.

Yeah, Pete. They are either almost free (for a good reason) or 25 large, which is half what they have in them.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/11/12 10:58 a.m.

And I see Washington plates on it, but the ad title says Vancouver. Where is it titled/located?

Javelin
9/11/12 11:09 a.m.

Vancouver is in Washington Dr. Hess. It's just across the Columbia River from Portland, OR.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
9/11/12 11:10 a.m.
Jay wrote:
Javelin wrote:
This car is perfect in every way. There's just no other way to describe it.

It needs more black.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
9/11/12 11:39 a.m.

That black one looks nice. Curious as to how the inspection goes. Fly out and drive it home!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/11/12 12:45 p.m.

Oh, I see on the Vancouver thing now. That makes more sense. Well, we'll see how it pans out then.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/12 8:33 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Oh, I see on the Vancouver thing now. That makes more sense. Well, we'll see how it pans out then.

Portland International Airport (PDX) is really close to Vantucky, WA as well. That and Portland International Raceway (PIR) and the local Lotus club holds track days at least once or twice a year, heh.

That is a beautiful looking Elise, looks like it needs to go out and play though

Javelin
9/11/12 9:10 p.m.

I'm looking at it tomorrow for the Doc!

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
9/12/12 12:51 a.m.

I think a JPS pinstripe job would look sharp on that car.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/12/12 7:44 p.m.

Pulled the trigger on the black one.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/12 7:51 p.m.

Woot! Congrats

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/12/12 8:03 p.m.

From white to black...ying and yang...

when do you get it?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/12 8:10 p.m.

I love it when a plan comes together.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
9/12/12 8:28 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Pulled the trigger on the black one.

Awesome! Be sure to tell us all about it.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/12/12 8:57 p.m.

And that, my friends, is what we call enabling! Glad it worked out, can't wait to hear your impressions!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GSv2JeQ55dzFHJLOd4t4KnTsYVbCzzB75EbhgBfv2PL3KrFIJRH5FBSCmiDJm0a5