Very nice!

Cotton
Cotton Dork
9/12/12 9:55 p.m.

awesome

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/12 10:01 p.m.

I wasn't able to see it in person, but I'm glad I was able to help enable a fellow GRMer!

Jay
Jay UltraDork
9/12/12 10:56 p.m.

Way to go Doc! Moar pics pleez when it's in your garage.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 4:15 a.m.

Deal blew up. He says he totaled the car last night. Sucks.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 4:27 a.m.

And here's a little known fact for teh world: Priceline is no refunds, you're screwed, right? Well... it turns out that if you cancel within 24 hours of purchasing, the service (priceline in this case) is obligated to give you a full refund. They don't tell you that anywhere. The airline told me that, gave me a number, which the computer told me I was screwed at, then a Filipino I finally got told me I had a full refund. After 24 hours, the airline will give you a credit to be used in the next year.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/13/12 4:39 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: After 24 hours, the airline will give you a credit to be used in the next year.

Nice. That is a relief.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/12 5:50 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Deal blew up. He says he totaled the car last night. Sucks.

Were you able to confirm that, or is there a chance that he just backed out? Either way, it sucks.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 6:09 a.m.

Dunno. I beat him up pretty good on the price, but if he didn't want to sell it at that, he should have said so, not "OK." The car was being shown at a dealership on consignment in Vancouver. It did have 97K miles on it and needed some cosmetic work, so that led to the lower price than others.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/12 6:34 a.m.

Whether he backed out or totalled it the night after making a deal to sell it, that doesn't sound like the kind of guy you want to buy a car from.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 6:38 a.m.

Yeah, Woody, that's what I think. I was lucky to get the airline money back (or promise of return). There's others out there. There's a 06 in Tulsa that is dropping in price. It was on eBay and looked to have sold (met reserve, auction ended, etc.), then it shows up on Tulsa CL for the same price as the final bid on ebay with the same pics.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/13/12 6:53 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: There's a 06 in Tulsa that is dropping in price. It was on eBay and looked to have sold (met reserve, auction ended, etc.), then it shows up on Tulsa CL for the same price as the final bid on ebay with the same pics.

Yuck.....those are some unsavory sellers you are dealing with, Hess.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
9/13/12 7:57 a.m.

I know it's not at all the same, but it's in your price range: Z4M in Orlando for $26k.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3243181275.html

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
9/13/12 8:29 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Yeah, Woody, that's what I think. I was lucky to get the airline money back (or promise of return). There's others out there. There's a 06 in Tulsa that is dropping in price. It was on eBay and looked to have sold (met reserve, auction ended, etc.), then it shows up on Tulsa CL for the same price as the final bid on ebay with the same pics.

Need a local to go look at it for you?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 8:30 a.m.

No, gonna stick with an Elise. Or the way things are going so far, finish one of the other Lotus first. However, in the future, it's going to be a day trip in the Lexus or I'm going to be there anyway for some other reason, LIKE MY TAMPA TRIP NEXT WEEK. So, still looking.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 8:31 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac: That's OK. I can do that one myself. It's only 2 hours.

Javelin
9/13/12 8:44 a.m.

Sorry for the trouble Hess, the guy seemed legit.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
9/13/12 9:03 a.m.

Anyone north of the border tracking when we can bring these in? Is it 15 years as I recall?

I was pretty crushed when I found out that the US cars were not importable from the US for some reason. Canadian cars tend to sell for about twice what the US cars are selling for.

Interesting how many have write-off history. Then again, I can see how the price of a clamshell and paint at a quality shop would force this on the insurance companies. Begs the question of what it cost to insure one of these?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 9:13 a.m.

About $450/yr with Geico. For me anyway.

Javelin
9/13/12 11:36 a.m.
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/13/12 12:11 p.m.

I think I'm done with Esprits. It's just too painful, and I'm not up for another 9 years of work to get one where the last one was. And of the 115 '89 non-SE's ever made, there's about 5 of them for sale right now in the US. You linked 2 of them, Jav. There is a 94 S4 Esprit, almost the top of the line (S4s), in the swampland (LA) priced at 27, Divorce prompts sale. If I was going to go Esprit, that would be more like it. But, just think of the AC hoses and the idea will pass.

I saw that Ocala ad. I think I emailed that one, never got a reply. And I saw the rebuilt ad. Fails my "no salvage title" criteria.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
9/28/12 6:44 p.m.

In my garage now.

I'm just gonna hotlink this fer ya'll to drool over.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/28/12 6:55 p.m.

Nice!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/28/12 7:29 p.m.

That is nice. Can't wait to hear about your driving impressions.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
9/28/12 7:32 p.m.

I keep thinking I'm over these until I see one in person... red. Dammit, it makes my heart feel good. They need moar k20T. Seems like one tuned like KB58's Midlana (408hp) could be dangerous in the UTCC.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EZB54ny0kqmuuFZtKTqhhG7Vj1BOqSAz7QGtcyMBL26Mw7mP8LySYZv2ojyWMJw8