Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/31/18 3:22 p.m.
feature_image

There has been lots of conversation around the office this week about how manufacturers are offering fewer and fewer colors off of the gray scale—especially among the more enthusiast-oriented manufacturers. But don't worry, you can fight back one car at a time. And today we bring you one very bright 1989 Honda City. It's a Japanese-market car with about …

Read the rest of the story

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
1/31/18 11:33 p.m.

It looks so much like a civic!

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Reader
2/1/18 12:40 a.m.
Trackmouse said:

It looks so much like a civic!

Found this paragraph on Wikipedia 

In this remodel, there are major changes in the appearance of the vehicle Honda called "Crouching form", which consisted of a low and wide design that contributed to lighter vehicle weight (basic grade 680 kg) combined with improvements in driving performance. The styling reflects a corporate decision to enact a shared appearance with the first generation Honda Today kei car, the internationally strong seller, third generation subcompact Honda Civic, and the third generation compact Honda Accord AeroDeck. This generation shared its exterior dimensions and engine size almost exactly with the first generation Civic. The Honda CR-X was the only three-door hatchback that adopted a fastback, sloping rear hatch, similar to the Honda Verno products during the mid-1980s.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
2/1/18 7:51 a.m.

Might be interesting to swap this face onto a crx, if your into that bro crowd or whatever. 

Nugi
Nugi New Reader
2/1/18 8:40 a.m.
Trackmouse said:

Might be interesting to swap this face onto a crx, if your into that bro crowd or whatever. 

I have a crx that needs front sheetmetal and bumper right now. Don't tempt me bro. 

I'm just happy I wont find a cheap front clip in the usa and this urge will cease to be a problem.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
2/1/18 1:06 p.m.

I have not seen one of those in a a while. I think size wise the City is about 7/8 scale of the bread van civic from the mid 80's. I think the chances of bodywork interchanging with a CRX are pretty low. 

te72
te72 New Reader
2/1/18 11:58 p.m.

You know, when I was younger, I thought Hondas were boring. I've really come to appreciate their designs over the years. Lot of beauty in simplicity.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/5/18 10:58 p.m.

Just when I thought that my yellow car days were behind me....

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
2/6/18 8:43 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Is it another magazine project/living with a Kei Car research project yet?

I want this so badly but I even if I twisted reality there's no way I could make this fly with SWMBO considering the state of my other projects.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3h7OFhnNJxYfeCStJWjMWAKgyUiM7iUi9kcNZf6tFQZ2ZwT6VkkPHvDkc3dZh8Fh