David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/21/17 8:09 a.m.
feature_image

What if Italy’s greatest designers didn’t have access to compound curves? The answer might be this Aztec 7 kit car, currently offered for $1500 obo.

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
8/21/17 8:55 a.m.

And someone here really needs this.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
8/21/17 9:36 a.m.

My brother said it was in the swap meet at the Old Fort VW show on Saturday, lots of work ahead for someone...

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/21/17 9:41 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Nobody has ever needed that.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/21/17 10:23 a.m.

The map shows the car is located close to Auburn, IN the home of The Auburn, Cord, Duesenburg Museum.
Coincidence?

Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
8/21/17 10:37 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

Rotfl

David S. Wallens
8/21/17 10:44 a.m.
John Welsh wrote: The map shows the car is located close to Auburn, IN the home of The Auburn, Cord, Duesenburg Museum. Coincidence?

Maybe.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/21/17 10:50 a.m.

Honestly if you could resolve the headlights better and paint it an appropriately garish color (and really brown might be appropriate) it would look like a concept car come to life. It's not like the fit and finish on those is all that great either. It reminds me of the Alfa Romeo wedge cars like the Carabo...

Tell me a green and orange paint job and window tint coupled with a headlight delete or headlight doors wouldn't make the Aztek 7 a sweet ride! No, I mean it, tell me.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/21/17 10:54 a.m.

I thought I might already have that in the shop but it was just a few sheets of plywood stacked up against some tires

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
8/21/17 11:05 a.m.

I have no shame...

I like it.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Dork
8/21/17 2:13 p.m.

Looks like that would be a rolling sauna. Well.. once you got it rolling

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/21/17 2:14 p.m.

Looks like a Stratos built with nothing but a speed square.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/21/17 2:33 p.m.
dculberson wrote: Honestly if you could resolve the headlights better and paint it an appropriately garish color (and really brown might be appropriate) it would look like a concept car come to life. It's not like the fit and finish on those is all that great either. It reminds me of the Alfa Romeo wedge cars like the Carabo... Tell me a green and orange paint job and window tint coupled with a headlight delete or headlight doors wouldn't make the Aztek 7 a sweet ride! No, I mean it, tell me.

I'm with you. It needs to have some pop up headlights off something later, maybe a Z30 300ZX or first gen Probe, grafted in there. And it needs to be painted a seriously obnoxious color. Only the '70s would have thought that a shade of brown better put on a Volare station wagon would go well with that sort of wedge shape. It would be tempting if I had just a little bit more cash and spare time.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/21/17 2:37 p.m.

Is that on a beetle pan?

With a modern turbo 4clyinder transverse between the rear wheels, I bet that thing would fly.

Headlight covers could hinge at the leading edge and fold down when the lights turn on.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/17 2:42 p.m.

I'm really digging that.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/21/17 2:43 p.m.

Also, I'm pretty sure the matching headlight covers are in the garage behind the car.

I like it as well.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/21/17 2:52 p.m.

I've wanted worse.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
8/22/17 4:59 a.m.

I approve

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
8/22/17 5:32 a.m.

Part of me really wants this because I used to have a Bradley GT. The other part of me doesn't want it because it's not a Bradley GT.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/22/17 8:30 a.m.

All I can see is Vector. I'd take that angle if I were mine.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/23/17 7:40 a.m.

This : Vector W2 :: Early Starion : Box-Flared Starion

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
8/23/17 8:20 a.m.
dculberson wrote: Honestly if you could resolve the headlights better and paint it an appropriately garish color (and really brown might be appropriate) it would look like a concept car come to life. It's not like the fit and finish on those is all that great either. It reminds me of the Alfa Romeo wedge cars like the Carabo... Tell me a green and orange paint job and window tint coupled with a headlight delete or headlight doors wouldn't make the Aztek 7 a sweet ride! No, I mean it, tell me.

It's supposed to remind you of the Carabo, because that's what it was supposed to be a replica of:

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
8/24/17 12:07 p.m.

Needs a supercharged GM 3800 in the back

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QLw1EJQnaWluZ2RBJZowEVhLM9fSpkfx0jDLb0pJYqwXhVemQ0y02zqL0njayJRJ