Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
5/3/18 8:34 a.m.
feature_image

Looking for a good Honda Civic project? Forum member Nick Comstock is selling his 1989 Civic with over 200,000 miles. However, it runs and drives fine, there is reportedly no rust, and it comes with some nice suspension upgrades like Ground Control coil-overs. Time for an engine swap? The asking price is $1700.

Read the rest of the story

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/3/18 8:44 a.m.

Wow thats clean!

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes New Reader
5/3/18 11:08 a.m.

I saw this Civic and was interested until I saw that the A/C was a little "iffy".  Otherwise, a pretty good looking car.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/3/18 11:09 a.m.

Hey thanks! Free advertisment, can't beat it!

Just a heads up. I'm holding it for a local guy until Saturday. If that falls through a GRMer has made contact so he would be next in line. I've also got a handful of other locals that want to see it but I'm waiting to see what happens with these two potentials first.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/3/18 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Carsandbikes :

A/C is working. It's not as good as a modern car and the fan is a little underpowered but if it's not above say 95 or so it's what I would call adequate. Above that it still beats nothing, but just barely.

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
5/3/18 11:21 a.m.

That's a really nice example of an EF hatch.

I sold my 1990 Dx two years ago for $1500. It had over 180,000 miles and the Georgia sun had scorched the clear coat and paint but it had a solid engine, lots a suspension upgrades and a ton of spares. I bought the car new and hated to sell it but I knew I could get more money for it than my '86 Prelude. At least that sacrifice paid for shipping the 'lude from GA to PA.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/3/18 12:01 p.m.
Carsandbikes said:

I saw this Civic and was interested until I saw that the A/C was a little "iffy".  Otherwise, a pretty good looking car.

At that price with no rust it's a steal even with no AC.

Good luck with the sale sir!

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/3/18 12:04 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

In reply to Carsandbikes :

A/C is working. It's not as good as a modern car and the fan is a little underpowered but if it's not above say 95 or so it's what I would call adequate. Above that it still beats nothing, but just barely.

Pretend it's a Porsche!  

This car looks great and is priced right.  You can completely overhaul the AC in these cars affordably.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
5/3/18 12:17 p.m.

I’ll just leave this here. https://youtu.be/t-KEtnJA0Ns

haulin’ ass. Uphill 

jdoc90
jdoc90 New Reader
5/3/18 7:31 p.m.

Hmmmm I have an 89 volvo 240 from virginia , 1 spot of rust and 385,204 miles on original drivetrain and still going .once it hits 400k i plan to make it a drift brick lol A 2jz sounds good I don't like boring bellybutton builds ,maybe a buick turbo v6 , maybe a high pressure turbo 4 banger . cars are not all done at 150k 200k or more ,

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
5/4/18 2:11 p.m.

Forget the engine swap.  I'd just fix it up and drive it until I'm dead.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/5/18 11:09 a.m.

Car is sold.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B5IjxyfaDLtRp6kVxWocjFTabn1cssFVrnMvRZM8fe2G8hyhLKveUXW2kqeUGnQo