EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/11/19 7:02 p.m.

I think they just say "sorry" after stabbing you. cheeky

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/11/19 7:34 p.m.
bluej said:

Where is this listed?  Pretty sure I co-drove that exact car for an event..

I remember this car, but not who owned it. I do remember those hideous wheels though, lol. Funny, when I started rallycrossing in DC in 2012, there were only two of us in e30s. Then I started posting about it on the e30 forums and pages and I seriously think we've had about 30 different e30s run with us over the past 5 years all told.

Edit: went back through the DE30 archives and I think this is it. The guy's name is slipping my mind...

Edit edit: noticed the east coast challenge sticker so that was 2016 at Frostburg. Results list check....Owen Ward - it's a stock-class M42 318is.

3rd edit: He moved to California, and the car is there being fully restored before it gets shipped to him out there.

Image may contain: one or more people, car and outdoor

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/11/19 7:46 p.m.

Also, that was the event that I won by 6/10ths over John England in MR on my last run, and then he went on to win nationals. Even and Pete were like 8th or 9th, with Vaughn Micchie 7th (two time national runner-up). That was some seriously competitive rallycross that weekend, with some of the fastest RWD guys in the country, hands down. Now I look back at the results list and all the guys I beat there, and think to myself "dammit, all of those guys are faster than me now." With the same entry list now, I'd probably finish like 10th in that class................

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/11/19 8:11 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

I like how the GRM contingent from Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore is engaged in a discussion about the finer points of stabbings vs. shootings.  

Pun intended? cheeky

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/19 8:39 p.m.
irish44j said:

Also, that was the event that I won by 6/10ths over John England in MR on my last run, and then he went on to win nationals. Even and Pete were like 8th or 9th, with Vaughn Micchie 7th (two time national runner-up). That was some seriously competitive rallycross that weekend, with some of the fastest RWD guys in the country, hands down. Now I look back at the results list and all the guys I beat there, and think to myself "dammit, all of those guys are faster than me now." With the same entry list now, I'd probably finish like 10th in that class................

I would probably hit all the cones again and finish 11th.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N7kqUqEh1kzGAPzLNfpTk1otlqmENitYPpdytPCen5MJR4Z90G2Q7L0hck8QGiut