Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
2/1/16 6:01 p.m.

I admit to spending a lot of time on Ferrari chat. I like reading about the nuances of paint codes and about people wearing watches worth more than the sum of my organs. Plus, they have fascinating non-Ferrari classifieds.

Where do you lurk?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/16 6:11 p.m.

Expedition Portal. The only daydream I haven't given up on yet is becoming a tourist and hitting the road.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
2/1/16 6:19 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Where do you lurk?

Here for a long time. Have to find a new place to lurk since I started posting here....

LuxInterior
LuxInterior HalfDork
2/1/16 6:22 p.m.

Lotustalk -- when I wanted an Elise. Then r3vlimited.com to fill my brain with all things E30. Now apexspeed.com because it looks like club formula ford is where good affordable non-cheaty racing is to be had.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/1/16 6:30 p.m.

I used to check in at Apexspeed, mostly lurked and read classifieds. Then I realized, I'd end up with a FF in my garage and haven't been over there in years.

I occaisionally head over to 2002faq, even know I sold my 2002 4-5 years ago.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/1/16 6:35 p.m.

ADV Rider. They have the best Dakar and MotoGP coverage anywhere. They also nicely cover the widest range of bikes. I can read about everything from giant off-road monstrosities to scooters.
I'm not going to abandon my family to go riding, but if my family ever abandons me, I'm going riding.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior HalfDork
2/1/16 6:36 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Then I realized, I'd end up with a FF in my garage...

Ending up with a formula ford in the garage is my goal.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/16 7:32 p.m.

Reddit NSFW. (don't judge me)

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
2/1/16 8:19 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: Expedition Portal. The only daydream I haven't given up on yet is becoming a tourist and hitting the road.

Me too Wally, but I'm spending more time on SailNet and planning on running away by boat these days. My last car purchase was actually made to facilitate a later sailboat purchase.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
2/1/16 8:40 p.m.

Mostly here. Aspiring to build something worthy of a build thread someday, if I ever grow up.

occasionally I'll roll over to garage journal and drool

Contradiction
Contradiction Reader
2/1/16 10:31 p.m.

Bringatrailer.com is still my favorite "What if" site. I'm also getting quite a kick out of "Obsure Cars for Sale" on Facebook which has a similar intent. Those are all "member found" cars though and there's an alarming number of sub $10k "damn it stop tempting me!" cars on there.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 HalfDork
2/1/16 10:51 p.m.
Contradiction wrote: Bringatrailer.com is still my favorite "What if" site. I'm also getting quite a kick out of "Obsure Cars for Sale" on Facebook which has a similar intent. Those are all "member found" cars though and there's an alarming number of sub $10k "damn it stop tempting me!" cars on there.

I have this issue, a $300 1985 Celica, that's been sitting for 10 years, but has almost no rust (for an 80's celica). Burns more oil than it does gas apparently, but hey....for $300.....

It's 4 addresses up the road from where I work too.

Contradiction
Contradiction Reader
2/1/16 11:02 p.m.
ScottRA21 wrote:
Contradiction wrote: Bringatrailer.com is still my favorite "What if" site. I'm also getting quite a kick out of "Obsure Cars for Sale" on Facebook which has a similar intent. Those are all "member found" cars though and there's an alarming number of sub $10k "damn it stop tempting me!" cars on there.
I have this issue, a $300 1985 Celica, that's been sitting for 10 years, but has almost no rust (for an 80's celica). Burns more oil than it does gas apparently, but hey....for $300..... It's 4 addresses up the road from where I work too.

Yeah that's the stuff that kills me. I'm very glad that I am only renting my attached single car garage house with limited parking or I would probably have 4 or 5 cars by now. I "could" fit one more without angering my land lord or the city and I keep thinking that I need the obligatory purist "beater truck" in my life. It's a really good thing that I haven't been scanning CL for those.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
2/1/16 11:17 p.m.

Definitely Bring a Trailer. Never has there been a site where I day dream as much as I do there. Plus, I love the constant haranguing the commenters give to sellers who don't have working A/C.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
2/2/16 7:44 a.m.

Retro-Rides (http://retrorides.proboards.com/) and here. Both for much the same reason, to build a worthy car one of these days.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/16 8:04 a.m.

GRM has enough aspirational content for me but I like to read travel stories on ADVrider.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/2/16 9:11 a.m.

I like http://passionford.com/ for looking at UK/Euro Ford restorations. There is a lot of good work being done there too.

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/486093-1965-mk1-cortina-gt-restoration.html

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
2/2/16 1:27 p.m.

Yellowbullet.com

Drag racing is the motorsport ive competed in. As a lover of the fox chassis i cant get enough of the small tire/stock suspension cars.

Trash or be trashed sectiom is nsfw but funny.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
2/2/16 2:17 p.m.

I also read Ferrari Chat. I started a couple years ago when I thought I was going to buy a 308 or Mondial, but still lurk even though I've mostly talked myself out of them.

I love reading the comments on bringatrailer.com, and like to stay abreast of what they are auctioning as well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3na7moN1N1fmYFldd2YZMT315lU5eWkr7H7e9edmFnmqeT8OYjQJXP6EHLAnrELH