David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/29/17 3:28 p.m.
feature_image

We’ve been following corsepervita’s 1987 Lamborghini Jalpa project for more than two years. The thread is about to reach 50 pages. You can jump to the 49th page here.

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
8/29/17 3:32 p.m.

By the way, I love that photo.

David S. Wallens
8/29/17 3:32 p.m.

(And the project, too, of course.)

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/29/17 3:52 p.m.

Someday I want to be "rebuilding a Jalpa in my garage" level of cool, because that's cool.

David S. Wallens
8/29/17 4:00 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Someday I want to be "rebuilding a Jalpa in my garage" level of cool, because that's cool.

What, AMG minivan not cool enough?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/17 4:12 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Somewhere in the universe there either needs to be an AMG-swapped Lambo, or Lambo-swapped Benz.

David S. Wallens
8/29/17 4:14 p.m.
Pete Gossett wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Somewhere in the universe there either needs to be an AMG-swapped Lambo, or Lambo-swapped Benz.

I like where you're going with that.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/29/17 7:21 p.m.

I need to fix my welder and step up my game.

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
8/30/17 2:30 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett:

An Espada or Jarama with a mercedes v12 to replace a permanently broken or missing original engine would actually be a relatively reasonable idea.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
11/2/17 12:29 p.m.

Someone once said when the car finally moves, the project is half done.  What they neglect to mention is sorting will be a lot more enjoyable than building.  This one will take some time but the rewards for each step are many.  Gassing up the car will be a spectator event rather than just gassing up the car.  hopefully, the sorting will go well so we can get this car on a dyno rack and get a power figure.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
11/2/17 1:49 p.m.

Well I must say I did not expect this to make the news page of GRM.  I am humbled, thanks everyone and I'm glad everyone has enjoyed this so far.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
11/2/17 1:53 p.m.
Jerry From LA said:

Someone once said when the car finally moves, the project is half done.  What they neglect to mention is sorting will be a lot more enjoyable than building.  This one will take some time but the rewards for each step are many.  Gassing up the car will be a spectator event rather than just gassing up the car.  hopefully, the sorting will go well so we can get this car on a dyno rack and get a power figure.

True.  I feel that it is the type of car that may never be "completely complete" because there will always be some little thing, and always little tweaks and modifications to make.  It's a lovely car though and it's been a joy to bring back to life.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
11/3/17 12:41 p.m.

Old Lambo engine sure look pretty although the output is less than most modern turbo 4 cylinders (early Urracos with smaller engines were even more anaemic).  That decade was bad for all cars in terms of power - smog regs were killing performance on everything.

What a marathon restoration!  But worth it - not a huge number of this model are still out there.

reflexr
reflexr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/3/17 9:27 p.m.

Love to see DIY exotics. There needs to be more of this in the world. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
teaixP2TQ0hLTrKOz3HZ9g9j9M3BpdNwBCEcK9smBS3hK0P4G5bBw8gduF3BV0r4