David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/22/17 9:58 a.m.
feature_image

Grantsfo has knocked more than 800 pounds from this 2010 Cayman S. The goal is an even ton.

Read the rest of the story

kb58
kb58 Dork
8/22/17 3:33 p.m.

Good luck on finding the remaining 150 pounds. At first it's easy, but the closer you get to the goal the harder - and much more expensive - those pounds become to find.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/22/17 5:20 p.m.
Good luck on finding the remaining 150 pounds. At first it's easy, but the closer you get to the goal the harder - and much more expensive - those pounds become to find.

I never paid for the stage 3 weight reduction in Gran Turismo, either. Cost/benefit ya know.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
8/22/17 6:17 p.m.
kb58 wrote: Good luck on finding the remaining 150 pounds. At first it's easy, but the closer you get to the goal the harder - and much more expensive - those pounds become to find.

I think if there is anybody that knows this, it would be the owner of the Cayman.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
8/22/17 11:39 p.m.

A Cayman S that weighs about the same as my 1974 2.0 914? It fills me with want.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
8/23/17 7:26 a.m.

In my case the driver mod could easily get me halfway there. LOL I need to go on a diet

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/23/17 7:30 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Hmm you do know that a ton is 2000 pounds, right? ;)

V8RWD
V8RWD
10/6/17 4:29 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Hmm you do know that a ton is 2000 pounds, right? ;)

Daaang DC! Why you gotta be all technical???   ;)

Grantsfo
Grantsfo New Reader
1/30/18 5:21 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

Actually this car has lots of easy weight left to pull..  Decklid skins to repace OEM trunk lid, plexi windshield, remove heater and blower system, pull e brakes, pull remaining dash structure out, drill out spot welds on front and  rear trunk floors and replace with lightweight fiberglass ,  thin out OEM wiring harness, pull all heat shielding out of rear of the car,  Go from my 24 lb  battery to a 8 lb lithium,. titanium wheel studs and nuts , Race slicks rather than heavy DOT tires,   ....However I have gone and done something crazy that adds a couple lbs.

Grantsfo
Grantsfo New Reader
1/30/18 5:25 p.m.

....Well upgraded Garret ball bearing turbo from TPC turbo kit adds a little weight but then at 2084 lbs I could afford to add a few lbs to grab more HP.  But then 500 HP should cover that 20 lb weight gain ok.    Oh yes Porsche purists please avert you eyes.

Our Preferred Partners
DjbWUf0Stg8dqxVrmUTtLoBJa6Y8hRPjRsHOYLhINQKTfPIwWCJsLi3R5zkOfTuF