Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/29/20 11:07 a.m.
feature_image

Engine swaps may sound like a cool idea on paper, but actually taking an engine meant for one car and putting it in another (that probably was never meant to be fitted with that engine) can be an intensive process that often requires months, if not years.

Despite that, forum user rustomatic decided that a week is enough time to shoehorn …

Read the rest of the story

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/20 2:49 p.m.

I think he may have been watching to much Cestus McFarland on You Tube.  laugh  A volvo version of Ruby.  

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
9/30/20 1:18 a.m.

I will make a real exhaust when I put the hood back on.  I will 100% be test driving it with no hood and upturned dumps however.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/30/20 4:26 a.m.

I once got to ride, at night , in a Toyota pickup that had a Detroit 353 swapped in and turned up to massive amounts of HP. While finishing up a twin turbo (progressive) set up, he just had a massive single, with a 4'' stack coming halfway up windshield height in front of the passenger. When he stood on it, the blue cone of flame coming out of that pipe looked just like a gigantic wind-proof lighter. One of the coolest things I've seen! The new set up, and exhaust running under the truck again, allowed him to put the hood back on, but DAYUM! What A Ride!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BU0Ye3sowxSUrnJ3pzEhSFiXqxssJpSk7SH00cyrLc5mLxjxpVotDxBF1TyuLumA