Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/10/17 1:10 p.m.
feature_image

No, he doesn't have a UPS sponsorship, but forum member Pete Gossett copied their color scheme pretty well. He titled the build thread for his C4 Corvette "Poor Life Choices"--it's now 83 pages long--but we think that he has done okay: He has built a low-buck autocrossing Corvette and he's on his way to our $2017 Challenge.

Read the rest of the story

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/10/17 3:59 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Thanks Ed!

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/10/17 10:01 p.m.

The exact car that made me realize i wanted a c4 in brown. As well as the two tone baby blue thing they did, i guess. 

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
10/10/17 11:14 p.m.

Nice to see this project get a mention, happy for you, Pete. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
10/11/17 6:47 a.m.

The UPS livery was the inadvertent result of a sweet CL find on a set of 18x10 wheels off a yellow C4.  I was surprised that it wasn't hideous and rather unique.  Pete is considering a color change post challenge.  That is if UPS don't come through with a sponsorship check.wink

Seriously,  Pete has done a yeoman's job of taking an abandoned low mileage, uniquely optioned C4 out of a Louisiana bayou and turned it into a very presentable toy for challenge money.  

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
10/11/17 7:11 a.m.

I hate C4 Vettes, I think they are poo.

I hate yellow wheels, I think they are poo too

I have no clue why but that looks very good.  Not poo, not poo at all.

Awesome job!

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/11/17 9:00 a.m.

Well Pete, you've made it to the Big Time.   Congratulations.  Goes to show what rugged determination and little money can do.  Good for you.  Now drive that baby, and enjoy every minute of it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e5kkXVlEpy3XT4QMZSlHpG7VUoaTcJ0tADT8Bt8gEj1xDArAHzsUZqufnk3qkxYd