Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/23/18 10:22 a.m.
feature_image

Forum member LMGill's father built this Fiat 128 racer in the 1970s. He was one of the first members of the Polish Racing Drivers of America and worked with big-time figures like Bob Tullius and Roger Penske. His association with those figures (and his profession as an aerospace machinist) made for a very well-built car. A car that is finally …

Read the rest of the story

leeh522
leeh522
3/6/18 6:23 p.m.

My first car, 53 years ago, was a 1959 Fiat 600 with a blown head gasket and suicide doors that I got for free. I drove it for 2 years until my Dad insisted that I get insurance or sell it. The insurance cost was way more than the car was worth, so I sold it. This was around the time that Baker Motors was racing an H Mod and his mechanic was also taking care of Dave Sloyer's Abarth 1000 OT in C sedan, so he bought it just to have some spare body parts. I have hade many Fiats since then, but my all time favorite was the 1974 128 SL I had.  I have always wanted to race one in C Sedan and now I can enjoy that vicariously through yours. Your Dad was an amazing engineer/builder and it is very appropriate that you get the car restored, sorted and raced as close to his ideas as possible. The last entry about this car was in may of 2017. When you have time can  you give us an update? More pictures would also be greatly appreciated. If you ever decide to come over to the Mitty at Road Atlanta I have a spare bedroom that is available less that 30 minutes from the track and would enjoy your visit. Here's wishing you success in your efforts.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sGUa9x6tYJTZdyv5t9fDlok1n4e6EatQdLWIOeECu2Fl7kmP6VMkPdC0pZXD7EeG