The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
12/17/18 2:54 p.m.

Vredestein knows that Grassroots Motorsports knows a thing or two about performance tires. And they know that our readers do, too. That's why they came to us with a simple request: Find five readers worthy of a set of Vredestein's latest performance tires, their Ultrac Vorti and Ultrac Vorti R. Over the next six months, you'll be seeing feedback from these readers in the form of regular blog posts on our site.

Story and Photos by Paul Kolatorowicz

My FedEx delivery driver may not remember my name, but he does know me as "the tire house.” As I'm an enthusiastic autocross and track day participant, he makes quite a few trips per season to my house to deliver tires. His most recent delivery was one from a tire manufacturer that I had never heard of before: Vredestein.

When I saw the call for tire testers on GRM's Facebook page, I figured I would give it a try. I like tires and I love free ones. A few weeks later, after having forgotten that I had applied, a phone call from GRM confirmed I was selected. Just like that, I had a set of Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R tires on their way in the 235/35R19 size. I put them on my car–-a 2016 Ford Focus RS-–about a week later. Though I wasn’t sure I could give a true review of a performance summer tire as fall was on its way--(in the great Chicagoland area the weather can turn to snow any day)--the folks at GRM said not to worry; they were looking for input from all areas and weather conditions.

I had already used up the Michelin Pilot Super Sports that came with my RS, so I was a few thousand miles into their replacements: A set of Continental ExtremeContact Sports. I normally use either the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R or the BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5 for autocross and track duty, so I was pretty excited to give a completely unknown tire a try.

Read the rest of the story

PDoane
PDoane New Reader
12/18/18 11:35 a.m.

Vorti Rs must be the lower 220 treadwear, because the Vortis I tested were definitely 320 treadwear

I would have preferred 220s, but the Vorti Rs didn't come in the sizes I needed

Our Preferred Partners
6NDNM4P0A620AhCSMFyjdC1wFx4Ivu1p2Mv92YBUnF1sJYk6KjYUjfDf5DD5v12A