1 ... 6 7 8 9
Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
9/25/17 6:24 p.m.

If I had the ability to upgrade from my FR-S it would be to either a Cayman S or GT350R. Probably would be the GT350R...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/25/17 6:48 p.m.

I just want to throw out there that I got to spend a bit of time in a ZL1 1LE Camaro yesterday. ALL the aero. It was cool. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/17 7:37 a.m.
mazdeuce said:

I just want to throw out there that I got to spend a bit of time in a ZL1 1LE Camaro yesterday. ALL the aero. It was cool. 

And the extra 200hp! 

But I can't really swing one of those. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/17 7:50 a.m.

I doubt that all of us have the same goals in mind.   For me a street version of this...

Or something like this...  Factory Five 33 Coupe.

But that is me...  YMMV.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/17 8:13 a.m.

^Those are cool. But no real dash, stereo, A/C (in Oklahoma).........that doesn't really cut it for a daily driver. 

For me smiley

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/26/17 8:22 a.m.

A/C in hot rods is fairly common these days, as well a reasonably decent stereos. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/17 8:47 a.m.

I haven't ridden in a kit car, but I can't imagine there is the level of sound deadening present that would even come close to OEM.

It's a moot point anyway, I don't want a project/kit car as a Daily Driver. Track car is one thing, my daily driver I want a warranty, comfy, seats, etc, while still being damn fast and fun to drive.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/26/17 10:56 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Close to you, warranty, comfy seat, damn fast and fun to drive...

2016 BMW M3 Certified Pre-Owned.

BMW also shows a M4 coming on the lot too.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/17 10:59 a.m.
FlightService said:

In reply to z31maniac :

WHY YOU DO DIS?

Oh that's sexy.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/26/17 11:00 a.m.

Although $10k more than you want to spend a black on black Boxster GTS looks a lot better than expected.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/26/17 11:00 a.m.
z31maniac said:
FlightService said:

In reply to z31maniac :

WHY YOU DO DIS?

Oh that's sexy.

Because you asked us to.  wink

It does look like a hero/villain car from a Guy Ritchie/Michael Bay flick.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/26/17 12:30 p.m.

so pretty

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/26/17 12:38 p.m.

Even the people you pass will appreciate and admire you!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/26/17 2:11 p.m.

55K on eBay. If I can use my ACR as a DD occasionally you can too. 

[img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yHAAAOSwfXBZuGXq/s-l500.jpg[/img]

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
9/26/17 6:09 p.m.

Sounds dumb but if you look at the M3 make sure you fit with a helmet. I had to really gangsta lean the seat back to keep it from thrusting my head/neck forward

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/26/17 7:34 p.m.

The M3 above is a slick top...surprisedevil

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
9/26/17 8:50 p.m.
FlightService said:

Even the people you pass will appreciate and admire you!

not me cuz I'd be up yur arse with my 'V' keepin yu honest till I had to turn into the neighborhood... wink

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/27/17 7:17 a.m.
Jaynen said:

Sounds dumb but if you look at the M3 make sure you fit with a helmet. I had to really gangsta lean the seat back to keep it from thrusting my head/neck forward

I'm only 5'7"-8" depending on the day, so I don't think that would be an issue for me.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
9/27/17 8:05 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

You call them yet?

But no pressure

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/27/17 8:24 a.m.

Even the brakes are sexy.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
9/27/17 8:30 a.m.
z31maniac said:
Jaynen said:

I'm only 5'7"-8" depending on the day, so I don't think that would be an issue for me.

The issue wasn't the typical head room. I am only 6ft. The issue was the way the headrests on the seats are fixed and angled forwards. Your helmet hits them and pushes it forward on your neck. You can see the angle I am talking about here, it was not something I expected to have a problem with but it was very uncomfortable. I had to recline the seat considerably and then it was not really the driving position I would have liked at all as it was much too leaned back

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/27/17 8:44 a.m.
FlightService said:

In reply to z31maniac :

You call them yet?

But no pressure

Haha, not yet. Like I said, I'm not really going to be ready to do anything until February when round 1 of the RSU's vest and see what my tax burden (or return) is going to be after buying the house. And had an unpleasant surprise yesterday when the next tenant pushed back their move-in date by 3 weeks, adding almost another $1k in rent I'm responsible for........grrrrrr.

If I go with something cheaper, I may do it sooner. Have to see.

stioc
stioc New Reader
9/29/17 10:52 a.m.

I'm sort of in the same situation but my arbitrarily set budget for a 'fun car' is $30k. I'm considering the C5/C6 Z06 and the current gen Mustang GT PP because I love the looks of the GT350 -but can't bring myself to tie up $60k for a third car.  I can get:

- A new 2017 Mustang GT with the Performance Package for $34k out the door

- C5 Z06 with very low miles for around $20k

- C6 Z06 for just under $30k

- 2015/2016 Mustang GT with PP for just under $30k 

Can't decide but I may end up waiting until early next year to pick up the GT with PP probably around $26-27k. The Z06 gets the performance but the GT gets the better looks and usability. Even the gf definitely likes the looks of the Mustang over the C6Z06.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/29/17 11:09 a.m.

I did speak with a dealer yesterday, on a car on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, but it seems the trade-in value of the BRZ is EVEN WORSE than I thought. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/29/17 11:11 a.m.

So bad I'm contemplating saying "F--- it" and swapping out the Ground Controls for the new CSG Teins, getting a new set of wheels since I sold my RPF1s, and doing a UEL header and Flex Fuel kit and keep driving it.

But I really want something different. 3 years is a long time for me with the same car.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bwQuZYkZwIfAYqPLKwkwHGmwZYDek261yXiW6aVHVTCO5HvfEDHQFAPvJAG8zwOl