1 2
MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
12/12/08 12:28 a.m.

When I get rich, My Z3 M Coupe will sit next to the Exige in the garage. The best part about convertible cars is sometimes they're made into coupes.

byron12
byron12 New Reader
12/12/08 1:12 a.m.

I have always wanted an m coupe from the very beginning...D

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
12/12/08 1:38 a.m.

They're ugly, powerful, and quirky... just what I like in a car.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/12/08 9:02 a.m.
Keith wrote: I dunno, I don't think they look that much like a Corvette. The Miata is lighter, the Z3 is safer? Not necessarily true.

With a few exceptions, Z3s come with roll bars. Mine has side-impact airbags. It's heavier and has a higher profile so bumpers are less likely to hit you in the face in a side impact. I'm not saying the Miata is dangerous, but if given the choice, I'd rather be in the Z3 when Lisa or Gary drive their 5,000 pound Escalade into me (or over me).

Now, if I could get my hands on an S54 . . . the Miata would have to go. The Z3 is so much more fun when 140 mph comes at you in the blink of an eye. Base 6-cylinder Z3 vs Miata is what I compared. The M is a completely different animal.

I'll take mine in Estoril Blue, please. Yes, and with the black / blue interior as well.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/12/08 10:41 a.m.

Roll bars that can't be used for track work at BMWCCA events, from what I recall. I'm assuming the "bumpers in the face" comment is a joke, although side impact airbags may make a difference - I really don't know.

When it comes to taking on the 5000 lb Escalade, though, I'm not sure the extra 400 lbs of the Z3 is going to make a whit of difference.

I've seen enough ex-Miatas not to have any worries about their safety.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/12/08 10:54 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote: Now, if I could get my hands on an S54 . . . the Miata would have to go. The Z3 is so much more fun when 140 mph comes at you in the blink of an eye. Base 6-cylinder Z3 vs Miata is what I compared. The M is a completely different animal. I'll take mine in Estoril Blue, please. Yes, and with the black / blue interior as well.

Yeah? Unfortunately it "only" has the S52.

I am willing to part with it. I don't need two sports cars.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/12/08 2:12 p.m.

Sorry, keith. I was just referring to the higher shoulder line of the z3 with side impacts. I'm also not trying to say the Miata is unsafe either - if I felt that, I wouldn't own one. Perhaps it's all merely a perception.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/12/08 2:15 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: And salanis, I picked an engine model and threw it out there. I didn't meant to demean anyone.

I don't feel demeaned. I felt like gloating because I have an M Coupe' in Estoril blue with Blue-on-black leather interior.

I certainly wouldn't mind having the S54, but for what I want, the S52 is a better fit for me. More dependable and efficient, although less powerful. But now that I'm not tracking it, I don't make full use of all it's power anyway. Which is why I'd be happy to sell it (if I'm just using it as an appliance, I might as well get a less valuable appliance), although I'm not in any hurry to what with it being winter, the holiday season, and the state of the economy.

If you really want your Estoril Blue M Coupe', come and get it.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/12/08 4:29 p.m.

haha. I figured it out after I reread you post LOL. Coupes are aight, but my hair needs wind (now I'm gloating)

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/12/08 4:31 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: haha. I figured it out after I reread you post LOL. Coupes are aight, but my hair needs wind (now I'm gloating)

The Miata in the pic is mine too. I drove it to work yesterday with the top down.

2002maniac
2002maniac New Reader
12/12/08 11:14 p.m.

The 2.8 has an aluminum block!

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
12/13/08 8:29 a.m.
Salanis wrote:
confuZion3 wrote: Now, if I could get my hands on an S54 . . . the Miata would have to go. The Z3 is so much more fun when 140 mph comes at you in the blink of an eye. Base 6-cylinder Z3 vs Miata is what I compared. The M is a completely different animal. I'll take mine in Estoril Blue, please. Yes, and with the black / blue interior as well.
Yeah? Unfortunately it "only" has the S52. I am willing to part with it. I don't need two sports cars.

so where is the BMW?

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/13/08 3:30 p.m.
Varkwso wrote: so where is the BMW?

Sacramento, CA. In that picture it's at Thunderhill.

EricM
EricM Reader
12/13/08 7:44 p.m.

then ther is the boxster......

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
12/14/08 12:01 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
Varkwso wrote: so where is the BMW?
Sacramento, CA. In that picture it's at Thunderhill.

Bummer - have not been there since I was stationed at Mather AFB....I figured it was out west....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FuS8sEveoZl4pTVMo5fwtH6pugaLkxzwCrMt4bmGQ9GZ0LMAckRxm7axLHnTqUa2