1 2 3 4
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/21/20 5:55 a.m.

The better half wanted to get into motorcycles, and there where a few requirements we decided on.

requirements for a bike: 

Low seat height

Not fast 

Cheap and easy to fix 

Reliable 

Light weight

Not forward leaning 

With those requirements thought out didn't leave us with a ton of options. She learned to ride on a Grom clone and seemed to like it quite abit so that's what we went on the hunt for, along with tw200s and continue to be open to options. 

She was just gonna buy a new grom, looked at 2 and they tacked on $800-1000 on top of listed price. That was a big ol no from me. So we hit the used market looking for one that had the mods we where looking for, well taken care of that didn't have a loan out on it, and the person auctally wanted to sell it. 

We found this bike. 2017 Grom with 6k on it and followed us home for $2800 and came with a ton of aftermarket parts that I would personally never buy but are nice upgrades. Owner was nice, well spoken, had many other toys beyond this and was a grm style guy so made the purchase easy. 

3 hour round trip and it's home

Mod list with a price list coming later with more pics. Other half is super excited. 

8/21/20 6:31 a.m.

Mod list: 

yoshimura titanium high mount exhaust:$745

customledblaster-x tail light with tst industries fender eliminator and plate light:$160

Micheln pilot pure tires:$124

hurricane air box:$30

pro taper bars Scott grips:$85

bride seat:$130

Kuni shorty levers:$120

ims shifter with hard racing shifter brace:$101

d.i.d gold chain:$93

switch back led front turn signals with clear lenses:$25

Gold plug magnetic drain plug:$18

Powder coat black calipers:$20

EBC wave rotors with EBC double-H pads:$170

chimera quick twist throttle tube:$25

black powder coated rear sets:$???

forks wrapped black:$5

two brothers racing foot pegs:$

roughly $1951 in parts on it 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/21/20 7:36 a.m.

Sweet! You're going to love it–I love my 2018.

8/21/20 8:00 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Sweet! You're going to love it–I love my 2018.

Other half is super excited. It was a little more modified than we wanted but it's super clean and owner checked out. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/21/20 8:50 a.m.

I'll trade you my stock exhaust for that Yoshi piece devil

8/21/20 8:53 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

The mods she/we wanted was fender eliminater, exhaust, small front signals. Rest is super bonus. 

I will take a exhaust clip, it sounds wonderful.

ebelements
ebelements Reader
8/21/20 9:34 a.m.

I am unreasonably jealous. Ever since I sat on one at the Honda booth at MotoGP Indy some years back, I've adored these. Something about being a tall person but still fitting on this baby bike just conjures visions of epic tomfoolery. Stopped checking prices a few years ago as they never ever seem to depreciate.

Why can't they just come down to 1500 or so, damnit! For most people this is a 2nd or 3rd bike and 3k buys a LOT of used motorcycle otherwise. Grumble.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/21/20 9:44 a.m.

We have the same Yosh pipe on the race bike. It's durable. laugh

Great little bikes, they don't really need anything other than semi-periodic oil changes to run well for a long time. We've been losing bearings in the sprocket carrier recently, but I think that's largely a race slicks/enduro issue and not something you're goign to see on a street bike. If she finds she needs a little more top end to keep up with traffic the best bet is messing with the ones and zeroes under the left side panel. It really wakes up bike over about 7500rpm where it's usually trying to fall on it's face. Moving the gearing around is supposed to help as well but we're limited with rules so haven't played with that. 

8/21/20 11:02 a.m.
ebelements said:

I am unreasonably jealous. Ever since I sat on one at the Honda booth at MotoGP Indy some years back, I've adored these. Something about being a tall person but still fitting on this baby bike just conjures visions of epic tomfoolery. Stopped checking prices a few years ago as they never ever seem to depreciate.

Why can't they just come down to 1500 or so, damnit! For most people this is a 2nd or 3rd bike and 3k buys a LOT of used motorcycle otherwise. Grumble.

It fit the bill perfectly for what she wanted, and was a little nicer than the tw200s we where shopping. At 6'4 290 I look like a monkey humping a football on it. And it's still so much fun. 

8/21/20 11:05 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

We have the same Yosh pipe on the race bike. It's durable. laugh

Great little bikes, they don't really need anything other than semi-periodic oil changes to run well for a long time. We've been losing bearings in the sprocket carrier recently, but I think that's largely a race slicks/enduro issue and not something you're goign to see on a street bike. If she finds she needs a little more top end to keep up with traffic the best bet is messing with the ones and zeroes under the left side panel. It really wakes up bike over about 7500rpm where it's usually trying to fall on it's face. Moving the gearing around is supposed to help as well but we're limited with rules so haven't played with that. 

The exhaust sounds so good. 

I didadid bunch of reading on Groms, can't find any glaring issues from street ridden bikes. Race bikes of any kind have odd wear items like your saying. 

What is the ones and zeros your speaking of? A tuner? 

We have talked about gearing if it's to slow also, we shall see what happens. It will mostly be on back roads and in town. 

8/24/20 10:16 a.m.

Went for a ride with some friends to get ice cream. 

Monica is having trouble taking off and rembering to cancel turn signals 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/24/20 11:36 a.m.

super cool - really good looking machine

8/24/20 12:35 p.m.
84FSP said:

super cool - really good looking machine

I'm quite jealous. Wish it was mine haha. 

8/25/20 6:31 a.m.

Did a Lowe's run, went better than expected. 

8/28/20 4:01 p.m.

TST slim turn signals installed. 

Awesome! I took my MSF class on a Grom and had a blast. I like the lime green.

8/28/20 8:28 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) said:

Awesome! I took my MSF class on a Grom and had a blast. I like the lime green.

It's what she will take hers on. She loves it already. 

8/29/20 7:26 a.m.

Took the Gromp to the ol rural king. God this thing is fun. Took some twisty back roads there and it just zips 

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/29/20 9:50 a.m.

Good looking bike. I've wanted one for a long time. Seems like a great bike for running around town. 

What a fun morning on Gromp  

9/12/20 7:55 p.m.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
9/13/20 7:52 p.m.

I was like, "Shorty levers are $120?" then I saw how complex they are and was like, "fine..."

9/13/20 7:58 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

I'll be honest I have been shopping different ones, these ones suck ass. They dont go really far in or out. 6 positions in the oddest area. 

9/15/20 6:38 a.m.

Zipping around all evening doing parts runs and such on the grom

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/28/20 10:02 a.m.

Leaving the turn signals on for new riders seems to be a real common thing.  When my wife started riding, we had a 'signal' setup that cured her of it ... if I noticed her running down the road with signal still on, I tapped the top of my helmet.  That gave her the heads up and she'd then turn off the signal light.  And yes, she reminded me (a life long rider) on a couple of occasions that I did the same!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VXJtBEnyphUb01OEve2XAWJkMU7dgfESjUgmxD1gzrGUCEqPceJlfcyQ7p40Z2oL