1 2
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/20 12:11 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Will this also be sold soon, like the S2000, Tim?

Would you be in the market for one?

Not that I'm planning to. There hasn't really been any progress on it so far as I'm waiting for the VIN check and I couldn't get another appointment at the DMV until the week of Thanksgiving anyway.

In contrast to the S2000, with this bike I kinda knew what I was getting into as I've had a bunch of Hondas of that vintage in the past. Plus a friend of mine in the UK owns a very nice restored one that I've ridden a bunch of times. I'm probably not going to use it a lot due to the low mileage, but right now the only "competition" it has is my Morini 3 1/2, and that needs some work to get back on the road - like a restoration of the new (very) used fuel tank I had to get for it.

Always in the market for your left overs cooldevil

laughyes

I just picked up a mint GB500 Trophy. Now I got 3 of them (unncessarily). 

Heh. At some point, back in the UK I had a similar run with XL250 Motosports. My biking friends there were joking that I was attempting to corner the country's supply on them.

Nice bikes, BTW.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/20 12:05 p.m.

Finally managed to get it registered and plated, just in time for the weather to turn season appropriate. I'm hoping I can at least take it for a quick spin up the road on Saturday (antique plate, so weekend use only) to get it fully warmed up and see if there are any issues that I missed when I bought it.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/21 10:14 p.m.

Finally got my act together and pulled it out of the garage and took it for a spin. Overall I'm still pretty pleased with it, but I may have to pull the carbs and clean them.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/7/21 9:12 a.m.

I hate to tell you, but that bike's pretty hip just the way it is. Nice find!

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I have family not far from you (relatively speaking), just south of Hagerstown MD, and an old BMW (car) buddy in Clear Spring MD. I'll reach out before my next trip east, it would be cool to meet up!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/21 10:14 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

That would be great - please do reach out next time you're out this way!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9N58TkLJDl0FYNFRhojUDIdYAQFQFQfYjewSlqZqCdgTrbdYyUA5NIcSd5UJ5Wat