1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
4/27/17 12:17 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Guess you should have stuck with the Hog?
That would have been a great idea...LMFAO

Those guys have been selling "information" to brokers and shorting Harley Davidson for like 10 years. Funny how it has not worked out for them when you look at there actual timing to short.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
4/28/17 6:34 p.m.

I would never get rid of the fj to get one but I certainly wouldn't mind another HD. I think maybe a Dyna next time.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
4/29/17 1:56 p.m.

Just dropped it off. Said he had one in order for the bike in the showroom. Should be here Tuesday. He'll throw the parts on when they get in.

Interestingly they still had the Sportster I traded in sitting there, been almost a year. I joked with the owner that if he keeps it around much longer I'm going to end up buying it back from them.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/29/17 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

I always wonder why dealers keep stuff. There is a brand new '14 1190 Adv at the local KTM place that they just refused to make a deal on when I was shopping before I bought the XR. They were asking the same money, minus something like $1000 and a free first service as the new '16 sitting there. I offered them fair market value based on what a super low miles one was selling for expecting them to counter and got a "keep dreaming" answer. The bike is still there. How can they afford NOT to sell? Obviously I irritate them every time I go in there to get fluids or a new scratch free helmet visor by asking "Is that the same 1190 from almost three years ago?" but... seriously - what is the deal with them not blowing it out to get some return even if it's a slight loss? It beats a total loss any way you slice it.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
4/29/17 2:20 p.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

I don't know why but they do seem to do that. A different dealer had a two year old weestrom that I test rode two years ago, still asking full price and it had miles on it.

My Yamaha dealer had two brand new EBRs for at least two years. I didn't see them today but they recently moved to what used to be the Kawasaki dealer location about a mile away. Apparently they bought them out.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
5/4/17 7:25 p.m.

Got the call yesterday around 3 that it was ready to pick up. Two business days isn't that bad of a wait. Won't have time to go get it until Saturday but it'll be a wonderful day for a ride.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
5/5/17 9:31 a.m.

Dropping mine off for the recall tomorrow.

Same dealer where I bought it, and they still have two '15 FJ-09s and a '14 FZ-09 that I rode when deciding between the two... I haven't asked, but I can't imaging they'd still be there if they were seriously interested in selling them...

Local H-K-S dealer is the same, 2-3 year old new bikes rotting away in the showroom...

Rodan
Rodan Reader
5/11/17 1:25 p.m.

Picked mine up today, recall done. Tech said the original bolts were fine.

I'm a little irritated they left it outside in the rain overnight... it's filthy.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
5/11/17 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Rodan:

I'd be a little irritated about that as well. Luckily they can't leave anything outside near my dealer as it would be promptly stolen.

I had to readjust the handlebars as the tech put it back together rotated about five degrees too far back and damn near broke my Allen wrench he had them cranked so tightly.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xlbefZFNIGiZow7kRQMPkw8TkKOSHSc9PKajqNm8zxQkvVuI254BXQkNY5xFm0ez