Masaladosa
Masaladosa New Spammer
4/2/19 1:43 a.m.

My Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 is ready for riding and i'll take her out this weekend!

I am used to a Honda NC700X and its quit a different type of bike! Im a tall but light weight guy ( 5'12" / 160 lbs) Do you have any tips that will help me with the switch from the NC to the Shadow?  [also, any suggestions on how to mount my canoe to it?]

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/2/19 6:30 a.m.
Masaladosa said:

My Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 is ready for riding and i'll take her out this weekend!

I am used to a Honda NC700X and its quit a different type of bike! Im a tall but light weight guy ( 5'12" / 160 lbs) Do you have any tips that will help me with the switch from the NC to the Shadow?

I've got nothing constructive to add, but most people who are 5' 12" just refer to themselves as being 6' wink

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/2/19 8:01 a.m.

I had a Shadow 1100 for one season (SWMBO insists everyone told me it was the wrong bike for me).

At 5' 11" it was a stretch to the pegs.  Comfy in straight lines except punching a hole in the air leading with your pants cuffs sucks on cold mornings!  The Tee shaped batteries are stupid expensive.  Use your MC common sense; going into a corner too hot don't be afraid to slide your butt toward the apex to keep the bike upright and gripping.  Practice so when the bike wiggles around you don't freak.  It's heavy so don't glance left when turning right, it may stand up on you.  Long wheelbase = no U turns inside the garage.

Good luck, Dan

For reference, it looks like this:

Bobviscep
Bobviscep New Spammer
3/22/20 5:07 a.m.
Masaladosa said:

I am used to a Honda NC700X and its quit a different type of bike! Im a tall but light weight guy ( 5'12" / 160 lbs) Do you have any tips that will help me with the switch from the NC to the Shadow?  [and any tips on storing spam in my saddlebags?]

Use your mc not unusual feel; going right into a corner too warm don't be afraid to slip your butt toward the apex to maintain the motorbike upright and gripping.

Regards

Bob

[re: Lastest WhatsCanoe apk versions]

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/30/20 8:26 a.m.

If  you want to follow the lead of most cruiser bike owners, throw away your helmet and wear a bandana instead.

(I kid, I kid.)

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/5/20 6:33 a.m.

started by a spammer, and then revived twice (most recently by mice2).  so, getting the lock.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
ds9rCuO2uTyVlrpFuUYToztXPquqLzCqZaDq4KbN4CYRDoUksxpRW4ckYHLPnZ6f