1 2 3
Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
3/24/17 8:32 a.m.
AWSX1686 wrote: In reply to Huckleberry: Did you end up selling the GS then?

Yes. I traded it in. I couldn't swing the nut on the new bike out of pocket nor justify borrowing money to add another bike. So far, I'm not regretting anything.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/24/17 9:57 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
AWSX1686 wrote: In reply to Huckleberry: Did you end up selling the GS then?
Yes. I traded it in. I couldn't swing the nut on the new bike out of pocket nor justify borrowing money to add another bike. So far, I'm not regretting anything.

That makes sense. Glad you're enjoying it, it looks fantastic!

Recon1342
Recon1342 New Reader
4/3/17 9:13 a.m.
Huckleberry wrote: Pic added. It's a tad damp because I didn't bother to check the weather and went out in what I thought was a chance of drizzle. Maybe this whole "not watching the news" needs a re-think. local news link In any case... my earlier wall of text stands. This bike is THE bike. You would think a 160HP 1L motor would be a handful in the wet but it's not. It's so linear that you can play with traction limits or just have traction. It needs hand protection in the rain. Wet is cold. I'm off to the internet to acquire some since BMW thinks they cost $154 + 90/hr labor. I expect comp accessories $79 bark busters and 10 minutes of my time will solve the problem.

That thing is ten different kinds of gorgeous!

I'm a little jealous, tbh... I'm gonna go wrench on my 47 y.o. Dinosaur now...

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
5/31/17 9:41 p.m.

I'm 7k mi, 2 front and 3 rear tires into this bike and man... it's really still fantastic.

Mud in March

Woods in April

Delaware River in May

All good.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/1/17 1:42 p.m.

I wish I could get those kind of miles in. I'm on mine almost every single day and am only at a little over 5k. It'll be a year in August.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/2/17 10:23 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

I've had a bunch of trips for both work and play all piled up in a short period. The mileage this year is a bit high for my normal M.O. I'm a 10k/yr average on paper.

I rode 800 miles since yesterday AM going to/from a customer. It would have been 500 in a car. But, the bike's gps is set to curvy roads, avoid interstate. B-)

Tomorrow's agenda: mow lawn. Ride until dark. By Monday... That's a big total for the week.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F0vO0ViTiqFV9APof2RoP9r4oxNrKtsknjivYA45kXdLmGUxFGz3KfoMTsff5N2I