1 2 3
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/22/18 7:15 p.m.

Well they may look a little goofy on it but it felt so much more comfortable in the test ride around the block. 

I was able to reuse the brake and shifter cables, but just barely. I really like the position of the shifters. Much less awkward to use than on the flat bar.

And I hate those gray grips but they were cheap and I needed something right away. Plus they are pretty comfortable.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/18 3:31 a.m.

wow, that thing looks super functional

re: grey grips
don't sweat it, they compliment the accent color of the water bottle wink

good luck with riding it this week, and with the motorcycle's needs

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/14/18 7:24 p.m.

Decided to try the waxed chain route. Super cleaned the chain and melted some parrifin mixed with some lamp oil. Dunked the chain in the melted wax for a while, agitating it every once in a while so the wax could work it's way into the pins and rollers. Let the wax cool just to the point of starting to harden then took the chain and immediately dunked it in ice water to lock the wax in where it's needed. 

Time will tell how it's going to work.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
11/14/18 8:49 p.m.

A word of caution, that stem wasn't designed to pinch tight enough for a bar with that much rise (and thus leverage). Simply trying to "pull a wheelie" or bumping a curb hard could easily strip the knurling.

You may find that if you rotate the levers and shifters around the bar so the cables are on the back side you'll get back your turning radius (and avoid inadvertently stretching the housings).

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/14/18 9:24 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

No issues so far with the bar. I'll keep an eye on it.

There is enough play in the cables that I can turn the bars all the way back until the headlight fouls the frame without putting any strain on the cables or housings.

The bike was originally set up with European brakes, right = front, left = rear. When I originally set it up with the flat bars I changed it to the American setup. However when I put the riser bar on I switched it back to give enough slack. Which is fine as that's how the green bike is set up and it's what I prefer.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S2OBS1EoXDhN2R0RUmRlLHa5XtzSu6ujgjkRnLlUQWNzOI8oHO5aKGUF03GImkie