carczar_84
carczar_84 New Reader
2/10/12 7:20 p.m.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350532188183#ht_20521wt_1165

The seller is relisting the bike because the last buyer fell thru, it closed at $3500. I was outbid while at work .....

The only issue I have is that I am in Sacramento, Ca and the bike is in Texas, so the bike would need to be shipped. Have any of you ever dealt with that before?

If the bike were to go for $3500 again and if shipping is $400-500, does this bike appear to be a good price? It looks very clean, but I am just hesitant of buying something like this sight unseen.

Have any of you bought bikes like this, just trying to get some feedback? I have always liked this style of R6.....

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
2/10/12 8:09 p.m.

I have ebayed a bike and shipped it to California. very straight forward, although why would you want to do that on such a common bike?

rotard
rotard HalfDork
2/10/12 8:10 p.m.

You can probably find an R6 in your area for less. I'd scope out craigslist and such locally.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 HalfDork
2/10/12 8:37 p.m.

I would wait and find a bike I could see, ride and talk to the seller face to face. I have bought several bikes and had them shipped across country but they were either screaming deals or unique bikes that I couldn't find close by.

BTW: I always loved the yamaha red, white and black. I had a 99 R6 and 03 R6 track bikes and they were great.

carczar_84
carczar_84 New Reader
2/10/12 9:44 p.m.

I have been searching for for a similar r6 for some time and they all seem to be either trashed, salvaged, modified poorly, or very overpriced. I really like this year range of the bike.

What do you all think would be a fair price, taking shipping into consideration?

Also, is there anything special I should know about these bikes?

minimac
minimac SuperDork
2/12/12 7:43 a.m.

A fair price is what ever you'd be willing to pay for it and the seller will accept. It's your problem about shipping, not the sellers. Unless the seller is desperate to sell and/or willing to to do it, shipping( for the seller) can be a P.I.T.A. If the bike is worth $4k (bike + shipping) to you, who cares what anyone else thinks about the price?

drmike
drmike Reader
2/12/12 9:24 a.m.

Wow, I was about to write, "why not shop in L.A. or San Fran" until I clicked the link. That bike is super-clean. Good thing I'm not in Dallas anymore or you'd be looking for another bike - and I'd be rollin' that R6!

TuffWork
TuffWork Reader
2/13/12 3:02 p.m.

I will say that it's priced at it's kbb value. Which definitely makes it not a deal when it comes to shipping and all. If you were gonna buy one and have to ship it to me it would have to a screaming deal. Also, sight unseen is a big negative. Bikes can look good with a little bit of distance but upon further inspection you might realize that it's actually a piece of junk. I actually just had that happen the other day when I was looking at an R1. The only other thing I have to add is that an R6 is a great bike to have. Fast and nimble. Just don't expect it to be the comfiest ride. The older R6 models (like this one) had alot of low end grunt but not alot on the top end. Where as the newer models are quite the opposite. Thus why they still produce the R6S which is actually just a new R6 with all the old R6 internals.

carczar_84
carczar_84 New Reader
2/13/12 7:09 p.m.

Thanks for the input everyone, I decided to not go thru with it. By the time I factored in shipping and out of state registration it just didn't make much sense.

Think I'm going to just keep searching CL in Northern California and see what comes up.

If anyone comes across something similar in this area, let me know in case I miss it. Thank!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U0KziYw3wzM7c5wKUEt0huuhFMnJih3IBKaUMBGIT39clR9g8rfnmGoadu0n1lRO