beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
12/9/09 10:47 a.m.

I just came online after reading a book about BMX. The trouble is, I'm as skilled as your average joe on bicycles. Motorcycles are cool, but you have to pay for gas, insurance... Anyways, while typing bike tricks into Google, I found a guy named Danny Macaskill. Then, I found this. Don't be deterred by the first minute. Some of this stuff is huge.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
12/9/09 11:12 a.m.

Awesome!! Wow. I thought the trick he was working on and eventually did in the first minute was incredible. Good Find..

vazbmw
vazbmw Reader
12/9/09 10:14 p.m.

WOW! That is an athlete

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/9/09 10:27 p.m.

how many times did he have to eat it on a bike before being able to go that big?

I used to skate, snowboard, and wakeboard, I ate it alot...I still couldn't go that big.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/09 5:53 p.m.

Ummmm, wow. Just, wow.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/10/09 6:05 p.m.

Excellent. Thank you.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
12/11/09 10:23 p.m.

I frequently have vivid dreams of riding my mtb like this. I'm fat, have a bad knee and have never had a fraction of that kind of talent. I'm blown away that some people can realy do it thats too awsome to describe acuratly!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
12/15/09 1:58 p.m.

Holy snikes. . . !!!

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
12/15/09 4:04 p.m.

haha this video is a good few years old now. I've seen it so many times that I no longer even click the link to see if it's the same video.

In either case, Danny is the new poster child for trial riding, and has dethroned Hans Rey (who still has lots of skill, but prefers to actually ride now).

Mind you, a trial bike certainly would help in a learning a few of the things Danny does in the video, but most of it just requires a superhuman level of balance and coordination.

I can't even manual.

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
12/17/09 1:31 p.m.

Imagine jumping that gap between storefronts with a smart car... FAIL!!!!

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
12/17/09 7:14 p.m.

While his riding is really inspiring, he is portrayed as really modest in the video. Instead of reveling in his accomplishments, he just rides off. It definitely increases my respect for what he does.

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
12/18/09 11:38 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: While his riding is really inspiring, he is portrayed as really modest in the video. Instead of reveling in his accomplishments, he just rides off. It definitely increases my respect for what he does.
  • a solid 1,000,000.
PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
12/20/09 12:16 a.m.

He also has some VW commercials as well.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps New Reader
12/20/09 6:33 p.m.

Wow that is insane.........

asterisk
asterisk New Reader
12/20/09 7:47 p.m.

Here's another good one, not too many gaps but plenty of wall rides.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/20/09 8:24 p.m.

Id be happy to be the guy who sold him new wheels!

Joey

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xvg5xPGI7ln92i28RbzGszyUMT7BmZWTcscZ4CrBj4qJNmuyuIROWxpUbIhpOfOz