frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
9/21/20 7:14 p.m.

A bicycle is a vehicle when ridden and required to follow traffic laws. 
I stopped my bus and let 3 elementary school kids off the little girl was in kindergarten running to catch her bigger brothers when you blew by my stop arm and nearly ran her over. 

Ok he was an older guy getting exercise and the hills in the area probably had him feel great  to pick up speed going down hill. 

But running that stop arm even on a bike is a $300 fine and If I didn't have kids on that bus I would have run you down. As it was your description was reported  to the police with the radio and they are looking for you. 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/21/20 7:41 p.m.

As a cyclist it chaps my ass how many riders flaunt the laws but want all drivers to obey the letter of the law. I refuse to ride with those idiots. I will freely admit that in most places the laws written for bikes are done poorly with little understanding of actual safety. But if it's a problem, get 'em changed  

I'll also take the other side and say I've nearly been hit by idiot drivers who can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that I DO have a right to ride on the road. Dumbasses in too much of a hurry to wait 5 minutes to spare my life. 

so does that cover all the bases? Good on you for calling him in. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/21/20 8:43 p.m.

As a cyclist,  I hate these asshats with a passion.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/21/20 10:38 p.m.
mfennell
mfennell Reader
9/22/20 7:26 a.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

I'll also take the other side and say I've nearly been hit by idiot drivers who can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that I DO have a right to ride on the road. Dumbasses in too much of a hurry to wait 5 minutes to spare my life. 

More like a handful of seconds.  5 minutes is easily 1.5 miles!  

9/22/20 7:45 a.m.

In reply to mfennell :

LOL. I was thinking of how long it takes my slow ass to climb a hill while they are waiting to go around me until they can actually see approaching traffic. But of course they'd rather pass into a blind uphill curve than wait till we get to the top.

It occurs to me that the root of the problem for both offenders is the narcissistic world view - that they are the only ones that exist and are more important than anyone else. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/22/20 7:57 a.m.

In reply to mfennell :

It occurs to me that the root of the problem for both offenders is the narcissistic world view - that they are the only ones that exist and are more important than anyone else. 

You have been driving on the DC beltway, havent you?

"Me First! Me First!"

9/23/20 2:29 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

In reply to mfennell :

You have been driving on the DC beltway, havent you?

"Me First! Me First!"

no, no, just in America.

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
9/23/20 4:51 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) :

Oh no, Canada has its fair share too. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JZlnHwBGIQwFP77w4OXgeoKO96Ehofanqs0nIluyCddRhKxiDBqWXRcIYyMTIKFM