914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/14/17 8:27 a.m.

Rats.

$1700.?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/17 9:23 a.m.

I dunno. Call the guy. Maybe he's desperate for cash.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
3/14/17 9:27 a.m.

I'd lean towards yes. I doubt New York is that green right now. When you image search that model it isn't on the first page of results which is the normal MO for that type of scam so I could be wrong.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/14/17 9:49 a.m.

Theres a phone number on the trash can. Call it and see where they Are?

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/14/17 8:13 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Theres a phone number on the trash can. Call it and see where they Are?

Good eye. Searching the number and County Waste gets you this garbage company in Albany, so it seems like it could be legit.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
3/15/17 4:49 p.m.

Googling the text just pulls up that one ad. Usually scammers post the same ad in several places.

You might be $1700 lighter soon

Rodan
Rodan Reader
3/15/17 7:14 p.m.

That's probably the least popular 'modern' BMW ever made, so could be legit if he's desperate? Pic was probably last time the bike was out, who knows when that was....

I would expect to see an ask on that bike ~ $3500-4000 out here, depending on mileage/condition.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/15/17 8:13 p.m.

Could be legit. I know when they were introduced, I thought they would have to discount the hell out of them to sell any.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
3/16/17 12:28 p.m.

a BMW with ape hangers???

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
3/16/17 12:37 p.m.

"Ya, you coolt about zee motuh cykle?"

It has to belong to a Marvel or DC villain since it's a German bike with odd customizations. Makes sense to me...

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
3/16/17 1:47 p.m.
Rodan wrote: That's probably the ugliest BMW ever made, so could be legit if he's desperate?

FTFY

But hey, it was ok for James Bond.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
3/16/17 8:15 p.m.

That thing is not a good looking motorcycle. I kinda want one.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
3/16/17 8:20 p.m.
RealMiniParker wrote:
Rodan wrote: That's probably the ugliest BMW ever made, so could be legit if he's desperate?
FTFY But hey, it was ok for James Bond.

I was trying to be polite... but yeah...

Rodan
Rodan Reader
3/17/17 12:48 p.m.

Coincidentally, this was just posted on the ADVRider "bikes you didn't like nearly as much as you thought you would" thread...

BMW R1200C. I lusted after that bike for a long time. Took one ride at a demo day, and that was the end of that. Most boring, sedate, lazy, boring, boring, boring motor I've ever encountered. Sure, I just came off my 1984 Honda V65 Magna, but I also ride 500s and 650s all the time... and I think a bone-stock CX500 has more power. It definitely has loads more character. The R1200C had no soul at all. No grunt, no power, it just wasn't fun to ride. Ergos were a little weird to. The only redeeming quality was the pillion that flipped up to be a rider backrest. And that couldn't save it...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iIrZbLEChLuY2NcbfCjbCU23VSW5XNJgEIppVhvO8DfI0iLpHd0D8De0fIg9nxoF