Lifted Kia Sportage

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
10/28/14 2:17 p.m.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/28/14 2:29 p.m.

bro-lite Rangers.

http://www.race-dezert.com/home/ridiculously-fun-off-road-racing-you-can-afford-112810.html

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/29/14 1:26 p.m.

Lifted Subaru Foresters. Get a turbo or XS (or S) model with the factory rear LSD.

JKady
JKady New Reader
10/30/14 9:54 p.m.

My Baja bug was the hands down cheapest off-road rig I've had. Granted, I got the car for 100 and had it running for another 100 and ran lots of used stuff but I was into it for less than a grand with a high end header setup, near new tires, paint and off-road lighting. Made lots of 4x4 stuff look mighty silly.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/31/14 12:11 p.m.
JKady wrote: My Baja bug was the hands down cheapest off-road rig I've had. Granted, I got the car for 100 and had it running for another 100 and ran lots of used stuff but I was into it for less than a grand with a high end header setup, near new tires, paint and off-road lighting. Made lots of 4x4 stuff look mighty silly.

Just curious...what'd you use this for? Trail running? Beach ride? Rallycross?

I've always been intrigued about baja bugs but never made the jump.

JKady
JKady New Reader
11/10/14 1:00 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
JKady wrote: My Baja bug was the hands down cheapest off-road rig I've had. Granted, I got the car for 100 and had it running for another 100 and ran lots of used stuff but I was into it for less than a grand with a high end header setup, near new tires, paint and off-road lighting. Made lots of 4x4 stuff look mighty silly.
Just curious...what'd you use this for? Trail running? Beach ride? Rallycross? I've always been intrigued about baja bugs but never made the jump.

It was a DD, a trail rig, work truck, camping rig, hell it even took down a Honda or two street light to street light. I'm not saying it was a perfect daily driver, with no heat due to the headers I ran but it was far from the worst. About the only complaint I had (Aside from the rust that was the car's undoing) was that it was easily tossed around by cross winds and the front end pushed like a dump truck if it was wet and I had less than 1/2 tank of gas in it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1zq7M0SJXwrfF14OgP19luGAhFrrwa9SBjxfaE9yQ0G6hJaqhYJNArnFGFxZo9pT