NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
6/26/19 1:20 p.m.

... After a full year worth of pain, delays, dishonest builders, incompetency, discussion with lawyers, living with the in-laws, a 4 year old sleeping next to my wife and I, and a complete lack of tangible communication from all engaged parties we are less than 2 weeks from moving into the dream home my wife and I designed together.  

It has been the hardest year of my life professionally, financially, and personally. In less than 2 weeks we will move in... I miss my bed (and my own bedroom), i miss my tools, I miss being able to shower without disturbing the entire house.  

I know we are lucky, but the joy of the experience has been parsed out by the pain of the process.  The good news is a 1200 sq. ft garage is attached to the house! I'm looking forward to returning to normalcy.  

No real point to this thread other than an exasperated exhale and public validation that the hardest process I have ever experienced is almost over. Thank you everyone here on the boards for the entertainment and motivation to keep moving forward. 

Nordic 

BTW, I've accumulated $6K in parts for the NC Miata and most of the parts needed for a GRM $20XX build(Thanks Stampie!). Stay tuned.  :) 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/26/19 1:27 p.m.

Melbourne florida?  I'm going to be down there in a 3-4 weeks for work.. Enjoy the house, looks lovely.

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
6/26/19 1:51 p.m.

Hopefully you'll be able to look back in a couple of years and say that it was all worth it. It looks like a really nice place!

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
6/26/19 1:51 p.m.

The new pad looks georgeous - need more garage pics...

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/26/19 1:52 p.m.

Thats awesome! Hope ya enjoy! 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
6/26/19 2:34 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/26/19 2:38 p.m.

I have your house warming gifts all ready. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/26/19 2:44 p.m.

Wow! House looks great!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/26/19 6:47 p.m.

I'm delighted to hear this.

I'd been hoping to run into you again since you gave me a great deal on miata tires and wheels last year. Thanks again!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
6/26/19 7:21 p.m.

Nice home.  

In the fall of 1999 I was selling a home myself, building a new home, only qualified for one loan, and changed jobs and went into outside sales traveling 50-60% of the time.  

In the middle of it I’d wake up and wondered what the heck I was doing.   Then I called a realtor friend for help.  

Garage floor plans?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/26/19 7:41 p.m.

so uh..... when can i come over and drip oil on that driveway? 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/26/19 8:00 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

My first thought was every one of the things I've been holding for him drips oil. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
6/26/19 8:05 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab :

Only a year?   Lately that is pretty good.  A lot one house north of me  sold last year about this time for millions.  The new owners expected to move in by June of this year. 

At the rate they are working on it I honestly believe the revised date of Christmas is wildly optimistic. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
6/26/19 9:41 p.m.

Just getting roof tiles installed is a major achievement! Everything under it must have been very nerve-wracking

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/26/19 10:01 p.m.

Dude. That's an impressive house.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
6/26/19 11:20 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

roughly 30' x 40' Garage doors are 16' each.

In reply to frenchyd :

It was supposed to be 9 months frown

In reply to dculberson :

Thank you. I'll post some pictures of the inside soon. My wife and I put alot of thought into it.  

In reply to Stampie :

That's the reason for the trailer... I'll bring them in one slightly less oily piece at a time.  

In reply to Mndsm :

Any time! just watch out for the wife.  She may murder you... me too.    

In reply to Floating Doc :

You and I both.  This past year has just been a blur. I'm looking forward to getting some time and sanity back.  I haven't done an autocross in I don't know how long.  

old_
old_ HalfDork
6/26/19 11:35 p.m.

Love the driveway, looks really nice

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
6/27/19 2:44 a.m.

Thats a home?! 

Looks like a $4.2M castle to me 

lucky! Congrats 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork