RossD
RossD HalfDork
10/20/09 9:31 a.m.

Ford Fiesta Lands in America! Performance Packs for your street car are coming!

Lets start a rumor mill. What do you think will be available from Ford?

*Turbo kit? Thats my guess.

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe New Reader
10/20/09 9:58 a.m.

carbon fiber to tape over the trim.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/20/09 10:06 a.m.

unless they offer a RWD conversion and Revoknuckles, I'm not interested.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
10/20/09 10:33 a.m.

It seems like Ford was considering the turbo kit as a factory option, but if that doesn't pan out I would expect Ford Racing to have it.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
10/26/09 9:37 a.m.

Ford already offers "go faster" parts for the Fiesta in the U.K. (not sure about the rest of Europe) through a company called MoonTune. The British mags that have tested MoonTune "tweaked" Fiestas and Focuses have really liked them. I can't find MoonTune's web address, but I suppose a search would turn it up. You might also want to try a search of MoonTune at the sites for the British mags EVO, CAR, and PERFORMANCE CAR.

BTW, the Euro 1.6 Fiesta is rated at 116 hp.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
10/26/09 9:51 a.m.
integraguy wrote: Ford already offers "go faster" parts for the Fiesta in the U.K. (not sure about the rest of Europe) through a company called MoonTune.

That would be Mountune Performance.

http://www.mountuneperformance.com/

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
10/26/09 10:42 a.m.

Thanks, mistanfo.

I tried looking for MoonTune, and didn't get very far.

BTW, MoonTune is owned by Roush, so that's the connection to Ford Racing Parts. A look at the Roush website will show you that they aren't offering any Fiesta parts yet....it is a bit early, but they MAY decide to add them in the future (he said, crossing his fingers).

A red Fiesta is my current screen saver, I got the pix off of the Blue Oval News website. You might also want to check with them from time to time for Fiesta news, as well as Fiesta-specific websites.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
10/26/09 11:25 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: unless they offer a RWD conversion AND Revoknuckles, I'm not interested.

Why? You want rear wheel steer? Revoknucke eliminates torque steer with FWD.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
10/27/09 1:23 a.m.

I was scratching my head on that one, too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4h8IcBGS90J51RGDnY7F55OAG8inLLolYRL2z0CEQrxnGhcy94AzBcfgdm75b6GZ