1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/27/16 10:07 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Came home today to find a package waiting for me! I could hardly wait to open it and see what was inside... I got all manner of badges A Viper that requires minor surgery to reinstall the front wheel A Skinny Puppies CD which I will try out on the way to work tomorrow Fast Car Physics, a book that I hope to need one day. My current fleet is not fast but I want to be prepared in case I ever have a fast car again. An Xmen comic, awesome! A Haynes manual for the 3rd and 4th gen Honda Civic The March 2011 edition of Octane Classic & Performance Cars Magazine, featuring the Legends of Group B A super awesome Lego Architecture kit of the Empire State Building But wait, there's more! There's a big bottle of Lucas Slick Mist Fast & Easy Speed Wax. Shucks, you had me at fast & easy. Not one, not two but three hats!!! This year I gave and received a GRM Beanie, I think that is pretty cool! And a whole handful of GRM bumper stickers! Thank you to my secret pal, I am thinking my box came from JG but just a guess! Whoever the sender was, thank you for all of the awesome loot!

You were supposed to get an Opel Manta model, but it wouldn't fit in the damn box. Hopefully the Viper is repairable. And I'm embarrassed I doubled up on Grand Prix badges. That's what happens when I rush.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/27/16 11:58 p.m.

Tracking says the box I sent was finally delivered this past afternoon. :)

I'll get out to the post office tomorrow to pick up our hold mail and see if I have a box waiting for me.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/16 6:30 a.m.

The wife said there's a box out on the porch so I will be going out to get it once I get out of bed.

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
12/28/16 7:16 a.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: Oh boy, just got an email:
UPS said: Carrier detail... UPS Ground Tracking details... Tracking No.: 1Z48E0000391613355 Shipment ID: MMGVR57P6DYF3 Order / Item #: Reference #: Ship date Wednesday, December 21, 2016 Delivery date... Tue 27 Dec 2016 11:30 AM
SWMBO shipped it for me, I guess it went UPS.

Well, my fine sir, you COMPLETELY outdid yourself!

We have ALLLLLL the things-

• Various stickers and decals
  • A timing gauge
  • pneumatic tire inflator
  • Double bubble gum
  • Assorted relays, terminal blocks, and a toggle switch
  • JB Weld
  • Shop rags a plenty
  • Exhaust clamps
  • Spart plugs of unknown destination
  • A handheld hole reamer/deburring tool
  • A couple mystery tools that I haven't exactly figured out their purpose yet.
  • earplugs
  • Some surgical clamps, which have already come in handy!
  • Matchbox cars
  • grinding wheels
  • misc. clear bulbs

And my definite personal favorite, as a license plate collector as garage art- A customized 'BERK IT' plate from Michigan. I take back everything bad I ever said about that state! You are awesome! Thank you very very much, seriously.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/28/16 7:26 a.m.

LOVE the BERK IT license plate! Hope you are feeling better Wally!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/28/16 8:46 a.m.

In reply to golfduke:

I'm glad you liked it! It was fun to put together.

The red plastic thing with white ends is an AC voltage sensor. It should be good from 60 to 600 volts AC.

The small-er red thing is a pin vise. It should hold impossibly small drill bits.

Spark plugs were for our 05 Dodge Magnum V8.

And fun fact- the Ferrarae came out of Mr. Javelin's collection a few years ago.

Happy Christmas!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/28/16 11:29 a.m.

In reply to tomtomgt356:

That box cutter is a "safe" design I removed from the holset turbo factory in Charleston by accident.

It won't lock out and features a blade without a point. You know. Forsafety.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/28/16 1:15 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine:

Somewhere I heard that the boxcutter is the #1 tool causing injury and WC claims in the US each year.

If you can invent (or really just market) a "safer" one you could make a lot of money.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/28/16 1:22 p.m.
Robbie wrote: In reply to Fueled by Caffeine: Somewhere I heard that the boxcutter is the #1 tool causing injury and WC claims in the US each year. If you can invent (or really just market) a "safer" one you could make a lot of money.

https://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Handy-Cutter-DFC364NSFY-Disposable/dp/B00YM2XZ18/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482952753&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=safe+box+cutter&psc=1

That's what Amazon associates use to open boxes. Very little cuts from them. I've used them and they are fantastic.

I've used other "safe" designs, plastic blades and what not. All haven't been as good as the one I linked.

Wall-e
12/28/16 3:17 p.m.

I ventured out and found the box my mail person hid out on the porch. It has a nice heft to it, and opening it up I see why. I know what it must have been like for Mrs. O'Reilly getting all those packages of Jeep parts from Radar.

I have a healthy stack of Macy's coupons, vintage clip on cup holder, third brake light, small figurine of the loveable Pixar robot that shares my name, Hot Wheels Delorean and BMW, Mini flashlight

A pair of Pontiac Delco speakers, Lego archer guy, set of pre-owned spark plug wires, a bag of bolts and the cleanest used sway bar link I've ever seen. They don't come off in one piece up here

.But wait, there's more. An electric pump of some sort, an O2 sensor, a water outlet, some type of bracket, cut off wheels, and what I think are valve seals.

Last but certainly not least, a sweet mini tool with an adjustable wrench, bits, and a light, and a tactical spork. This will come in handy when I go for lunch since they give me two pencils to try and eat soup.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
12/28/16 3:40 p.m.

Before this moment I knew not that a tactical spork existed. Find one I must!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
12/28/16 4:00 p.m.

Santa came via the good old United States Post Office That and the generosity of our very own Moderator in Chief, drum roll please for EastCoastMojo. Thank you very much (wracks brains for what I last had to send a sorry note for)

I didn't find the card until I'd unpacked things, and I was desperately trying to think who would have so many cool bike stickers.

Loads of cool stickers, my new last year expansion tool box will now be ficed up.
GRM hat, photo evidence of me wearing it to come in the future. It will be used.
Hotwheels times two as every one needs more Hotwheels. Some cool bits of string - heading for the Boxster EDC kit
Cool fittle flash ligts - Ditto above.
Finest Harbor Fraight sacraficial screw drivers and tape measure
A cool set of Points and a spark plug for an old Nissan, heading to the garage wall
old school letter stamp, thermal mug etc.

Some really cool, fun and useful stuff.

A big Thank You and a very happy new year.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
12/28/16 4:08 p.m.

Whoever sent JG Hot Wheels and rocket motors that was golden.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
12/28/16 4:10 p.m.

Proof already. GRM hat and flash light in use already.

Thanks again ECM

daeman
daeman HalfDork
12/28/16 4:21 p.m.

I'm loving the re-gifting this year, hopefully it sticks as a bit of a tradition.

Meanwhile, I've got no idea how far my parcel is from reaching its recipient, tracking has been down while our lazy ass postal service had the last 5 days off. I just hope it makes it, i forgot to take photos when packing because I was in a rush

I may add a link to tracking once it starts updating again, just for entertainments sake

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
12/28/16 4:56 p.m.

Yo Adrian, your pics not working for me.

Wall-e
12/28/16 5:21 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: Before this moment I knew not that a tactical spark existed. Find one I must!

I didn't know it was a thing until today but it is and it's cool. I just used it on my emergency ice cream. Thank You secret Santa!

EastCoastMojo
12/28/16 6:30 p.m.
EvanR wrote: Woot! New thread for the GRM holiday game! My box came today! 2016-12-28_03-45-41 4 LED marker lights! Pair of speakers! 4.5" grinder wheels, 2! little parts boxes! a battery hold-down kit! couple bondo spreaders! some sort of fasteners (I think you use them to zip an e-fan to a radiator?) a tiny bottle of Mother's cleaner wax! 4 chrome lug nuts, 1/2"-20 a bicycle bell (I [heart] Edisto Island??) a really nifty compass! And a Matchbox Toyota 200GT!

Moved from another thread per request from EvanR

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/16 6:36 p.m.

I too need to find a few tactical sporks.

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
12/28/16 6:36 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Thanks, ECM! You can also kill the thread I made by mistake!

EastCoastMojo
12/28/16 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

You are very welcome! It's a bit of random with a few select items. The Nissan points and ngk plug are regifts from daeman from last year's box. The coffe mug is the no spill variety, so you can do your internet browsing in relative safety, and the flashlight is the infamous Big Larry that has been discussed on the board previously in Toyman's bus thread. Oh yeah, the paracord bracelet is a Mad Max Fury Road copy, Tom Hardy wears one like it. Enjoy!

Mezzanine
Mezzanine HalfDork
12/28/16 8:41 p.m.

My package finally departed today, beginning what will be the longest distance gifting I've ever had a part in. I don't expect it to arrive for a week at the earliest, but given the competence of our post office in getting me the right customs forms, I'm betting it just comes back to me in about two months.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
12/28/16 9:42 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: You are very welcome! It's a bit of random with a few select items. The Nissan points and ngk plug are regifts from daeman from last year's box. The coffe mug is the no spill variety, so you can do your internet browsing in relative safety, and the flashlight is the infamous Big Larry that has been discussed on the board previously in Toyman's bus thread. Oh yeah, the paracord bracelet is a Mad Max Fury Road copy, Tom Hardy wears one like it. Enjoy!

Should have got some of that. Cheers

EDIT. Just been out with the dogs. Big Larry rocks. Will have to check out that thread.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/28/16 10:19 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Whoever sent JG Hot Wheels and rocket motors that was golden.

I really should have twin-engined that baby. Maybe next Christmas...

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/28/16 10:20 p.m.

'Wild' guess here that Redvalkyrie got me based on the 'shop towels' i found on opening. Pics will come tomorrow.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ln544E8dmv5YULcSgQVlpWw4QHSdlL7761AAK0hPDjp7mxJMnXktLrjDzwMib1BE