1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
12/28/16 10:23 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
fasted58 wrote: Whoever sent JG Hot Wheels and rocket motors that was golden.
I really should have twin-engined that baby. Maybe next Christmas...

Maybe next Wednesday??

Plzz

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/29/16 1:02 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
fasted58 wrote: Whoever sent JG Hot Wheels and rocket motors that was golden.
I really should have twin-engined that baby. Maybe next Christmas...

Well I'm glad you found some use for the stuff I sent you.

I was waiting for you to post on here, but I was told about your live video on FB, which I unfortunately quit. I was still able to look it up.

I hope that Decanter made it in one piece.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
12/29/16 7:55 a.m.

I still have no idea who sent mine. Who is the President of the Steelers Fan Club?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
12/29/16 8:07 a.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

For me, someone living in Pittsburgh with left over MR2 parts was pretty easy to figure out.

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
12/29/16 9:13 a.m.

Just tracked mine-

1ZX70Y410359071018 Updated: 12/29/2016 10:11 AM In Transit: On Time Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 01/03/2017, By End of Day
RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
12/29/16 9:58 a.m.

Mine supposedly was delivered to the recipient.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/29/16 10:18 a.m.
1kris06 wrote: 'Wild' guess here that Redvalkyrie got me based on the 'shop towels' i found on opening. Pics will come tomorrow.

The box started off with a Merry Xmas note that promptly fell out of the box, followed by a handful of blue rags.

photo 20161228_220525_zpsinkoz4pe.jpg

After removing the rags, I uncovered; Metal zip ties, A harness of some sort, coasters and a switch panel from a miata(?) with hazards and lights(?)

photo 20161228_220541_zpsiykrw87g.jpg

Removing the next layer revealed; A pile of stickers, 2 miata badges (1 may be from an rx7), pack of hotwheels, a pink power pack and what looks like a light of some sort.

photo 20161228_220844_zpsktq2xq3w.jpg

photo 20161228_220850_zpsxyjbdruk.jpg

Thanks secret santa.

Edit:

pic of the switch

photo received_10102153321349111_zpsls7w29vm.jpeg

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
12/29/16 10:40 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06:

You're welcome! The "shop rags" showed up just in time to act as padding.

Those coasters came from a crazy friend of mine who likes to bring weird E36 M3 from her house over and leave it. They're from Jamaica though.

The harness is a pretty decent 6 point that was taking up space.

The badges are both Miata, as is the switch.

The light is a light sensing LED nightlight and the power pack has some really high quality English translation on it.

There should be a 10mm socket in there too, thought it wouldn't surprise me if it did what 10mm sockets usually do and bailed somewhere in transit. This was fun! And I still have a ton of crap for next year...

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/29/16 11:09 a.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

The rags were a nice touch to throw off the scent. After digging around the harness, i did find the 10mm, a multi tool that got wet at some point and a small baggie with 2.....somethings...in it.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
12/29/16 1:28 p.m.

Mine came today!

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/29/16 2:10 p.m.
Wall-e wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: Before this moment I knew not that a tactical spark existed. Find one I must!
I didn't know it was a thing until today but it is and it's cool. I just used it on my emergency ice cream. Thank You secret Santa!

You're welcome! I'm glad the spork has been such a big hit- I picked up one of the sets for myself from Woot earlier this year and ordered an extra for gifting.

For those seriously wanting one, the spork is made by CRKT and they have them on Amazon.

I got my box- hilariously from wae- yesterday and have pictures, but have been so busy with getting ready for our New Years guests that I've not had the chance to make a real post about it. :(

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/16 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun:

I loved it. The best part was the look after I unloaded the box in the dining room table next to the laundry I just pulled out, laughed at the pile and tried to figure out what everything was. She didn't really see the humor and is a bit concerned others are having fun with this.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/29/16 3:17 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote:
Robbie wrote: In reply to Fueled by Caffeine: Somewhere I heard that the boxcutter is the #1 tool causing injury and WC claims in the US each year. If you can invent (or really just market) a "safer" one you could make a lot of money.
https://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Handy-Cutter-DFC364NSFY-Disposable/dp/B00YM2XZ18/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482952753&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=safe+box+cutter&psc=1 That's what Amazon associates use to open boxes. Very little cuts from them. I've used them and they are fantastic. I've used other "safe" designs, plastic blades and what not. All haven't been as good as the one I linked.

Pain in the ass if you're left handed tho. Thankfully they have a left handed model. We have them at work. I get the red one like a damn scarlet letter because lefty.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
12/29/16 3:40 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: In reply to SilverFleet: For me, someone living in Pittsburgh with left over MR2 parts was pretty easy to figure out.

After some light stalking, is it PINCHVALVE????

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/16 4:02 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

There was a time teachers would beat that out of you to keep you from growing up an outcast and eventually maiming yourself trying to use righty scissors.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/29/16 4:29 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to mndsm: There was a time teachers would beat that out of you to keep you from growing up an outcast and eventually maiming yourself trying to use righty scissors.

Yep. I am a product of that methodology. I tended to use my left as a ute, and no one cared one way or another. But once I hit preschool it was everybody's berkeleying concern. I was trained to use my right for writing, but the rebel in me still uses the left for calculators and I can use a right handed mouse or scissors with both hands. So berkeley them. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

daeman
daeman HalfDork
12/29/16 5:42 p.m.

Right, looks like my parcel is on the move again.

Here's a link to the tracking so we can see where the Aussie loot ends up. Tracking

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/29/16 6:32 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to Ashyukun: I loved it. The best part was the look after I unloaded the box in the dining room table next to the laundry I just pulled out, laughed at the pile and tried to figure out what everything was. She didn't really see the humor and is a bit concerned others are having fun with this.

Mine just largely ignored the pile of stuff I got, and even managed to completely fail to realize that the one thing she looked somewhat closely at was what appears to be a 3D-printed DeLorean keychain/mirror hanger.

BTW, the pump-looking thing is as far as I can tell a coolant heater/pump for really cold weather- I found it on a Chevy work van a ways back and figured you'd have more use for it up north than I would here. The spark plug wires are from a vortec V6, that's also the engine the valve seals are for. The sway bar link is from a 2008 Mercury Mariner and I believe that's what the O2 sensor is from too. Oh, and the speakers are for a Fiero- they're from when I stripped the Caddy 500 Fiero for the Challenge a few years back.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/29/16 8:06 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to mndsm: There was a time teachers would beat that out of you to keep you from growing up an outcast and eventually maiming yourself trying to use righty scissors.

I was at the very very tail end of that. Iirc I spent some time in a sling trying to get me to go right. Got to the point where they wanted me to have a cookie, but I could only use my right hand. That cookie went uneaten.

Side effect- i cant really use most left handed tools. Lefty scissors don't work for me. I'll use right hand scissors with my left hand. I can mouse with either, 10key with either, but that's about as far as it goes. My right arm is actually slightly smaller than my left from a muscle perspective due to left dominance. (Yeah.....that's it.)

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/29/16 10:21 p.m.

Got my package today!!!

Remember how I said I used my kids name when handing out assignments? Well, it took me a bit longer than I care to admit to figure out who this box really was for (good thing I have Mrs. Hungary with me)

Speaking of the youngest, he was present for the package inspection. Here goes!

It looked safe, so he let me dive in next to tally up the loot.

First up we have an unidentified grey plastic shroud and a tail light of unknown origin. It almost looks like an old Corolla's but not quite... Those speaker shrouds are going in my alfa though. The door cards I bought have holes in them for speakers, where as my doors no NOT and these are going to be the perfect cover for them (Win!)

Next up is a bandana/hankerchief (depending on if you live in compton or are my grandfather) with mardi gras beads, an 11mm ratcheting wrench, ketchup from in-and-out (tease!), a bag of goodies, ink refills to my pilot pens (yup, I have them and use them often) and a license plate frame that is definitely going on my black Toyota Pickup (win again!)

In the bag of goodies were various driver bits, clips, and lights with pigtails and socket adapters (seriously cool. It took me a minute to figure out how everything went together )

here we have a button, two lanyards (I'll probably use the Trufiber on my work badge ) and something that looks like a hose to my sink or dishwasher... not sure. OH! and some summit racing stickers

The batch of stickers pictured above is just the beginning. But someone did their research That darth vader one is friggin awesome, and I about died when I saw the "danger to manifold"

I know these aren't the best pictures, but check out the next few real close. I could go on all day about how cool they are, but that would make for a super long post eh. That Dakar/Hilux one was probably my favorite with the Toyota Katakana logo right up there with it (Looks like a "T3q").

I was debating on whether or not to sticker up my Alfa when I was done painting it, right now I'm leaning to a definite "sticker" I have an idea in my head, and a lot of these are going to fit in perfectly

That car washer really pushed me over the top. It's a bit cold out now, but I put it with my car-wash milk crate for when the weather starts to warm back up.

Thank you so much, this really made my day

Cheers!

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
12/29/16 10:35 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Mine came today! . .

Wow, it made it fast! Glad it was all in one piece.

The filters, plugs and header bolts all fit a Ford 5.0 HO motor. If my cyber sleuthing was correct, you have one.

The synthetic grease showed up one day addressed to me, from Amazon as a gift sent from someone I didn't know. I never used it, but maybe you can.

The chili, beer and sauce are Cincinnati staples. Worth a try if you have never tried them.

The zip ties were from a failed project I had years ago for holding material being annealed. I forget the temp range on them, but it was pretty high. The zip ties held up, but they dug into the material being annealed.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/30/16 9:51 a.m.

Anyone in Billerica MA get a box from Canton MI yet? I'm out of town all week and don't have the tracking number so I can't check delivery status. :-(

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
12/30/16 10:05 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

That's probably me. I'm out of town until tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure someone brought it in for me. I'm excited to open it!

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
12/30/16 11:10 a.m.

Mailman just dropped off mine from PA.

Photos to come

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
12/30/16 11:31 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: Anyone in Billerica MA get a box from Canton MI yet? I'm out of town all week and don't have the tracking number so I can't check delivery status. :-(

If you're the only one in Canton, MI playing this game, your package will arrive Saturday

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PIeQKgicptfNP7lI5X5Q9cUarclQrnOhFgIyMY5886hB6f7emSM9UKSw4fTUL8eB