1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
12/30/16 12:58 p.m.

Just got mine open, and I owe a huge apology to old tin, as I didn't load him up nearly as much as the box I received. Point noted and I'll do better next year.

Ok now on to the haul which is awesome.

So starting at the top;

Gloves

NASCAR stub

Check book cover thing

Plug wire set- application unknown

Silicone caulk

Flashlights

Iced coffee drops

Watch

Toe warmers

Can of Spam

NRA propaganda

McDonalds mint

Copy of the constitution

Objects in mirror are losing stickers

"Everybody sucks 2016" sticker. Love this one

Haunukkah chocolate coins

Hotwheel and unicorn tattoo in a tin

Shift knob

Red scraper thing

SAAB road atlas

Glow stick

Fuel filter

Foot mount dust mops

Thanks Ross from PA!

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
12/30/16 1:10 p.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Got my package today!!! Remember how I said I used my kids name when handing out assignments? Well, it took me a bit longer than I care to admit to figure out who this box really was for (good thing I have Mrs. Hungary with me)

I missed that part. I was hoping you had used an alias to throw me off and didn't have a relative who was also playing. Or if my luck was that bad and there was someone with the same last name in the same town.

Gray shroud is running board end cap for 3rd gen 4runner limited. It was my parent's -they bought the wrong one and it's been kicking around my garage for years. Figured you'd buy one eventually or know someone who could use it.
Tail light was from my dad's 1993 LS400.
Button was from some local beer fest.
Beads are from Las Vegas NYE or Laughlin River Regatta some years ago.
License plate frame came from the local Toyota dealer when we bought my sister's Scion tC
Kitchen related but not entirely sure what that hose came from either.
Lanyards and wrench came from SEMA booths a couple years ago.

Can you tell I got a vinyl plotter in the last year?
The Rice Ave sticker is an actual exit for my city.
Zzyzx Rd is also a real location we pass on the way to Vegas.
I laughed when I was reminded that the Alfa logo depicts a serpent eating a man.
Sorry I couldn't send actual In N Out food, it would have spoiled in transit.

Glad you can use some of the stuff and thank you for putting on this game for us!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/30/16 2:38 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

Yep, it's you. I was keeping it as anonymous as I could.

Brokeback
Brokeback Reader
12/30/16 4:57 p.m.

I'm out of town until next week, but managed to send mine out today with some new garage junk and some regifts from last year - someone in the Chicago area should get a present in a few days!

AngryCorvair
12/30/16 5:12 p.m.

In reply to EvanR:

Nice! I might not see it until Tuesday, as we had our mail delivery suspended and probably won't make it to the post office on Saturday.

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
12/30/16 8:59 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to EvanR: Nice! I might not see it until Tuesday, as we had our mail delivery suspended and probably won't make it to the post office on Saturday.

Notice was left today. You'll get it when you get it!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/30/16 11:23 p.m.

My turn, my turn!

My box came in from XXXXXX, Il over the week while I was out of town, so I didn't get to open it until today. When I finally got to gaze upon the wonder which is the GRM garage crap exchanged, I saw..... Well, pretty much nothing other than a black cloth.

But, once I pulled that out, a pile of goodies waited for me! The cloth turned out to be a rubber bumper/quarter panel protector mat blessed by Al Unser Jr, personally. Well, okay, maybe it was screen printed onto it by a machine, but at least it was endorsed by Al, which is good enough for me! I've been meaning to pick up for a long time for the (rare?) occasion I work on one of the two cars I actually care about aesthetically.

Box contents include:

1993 BMW 315/325 user manual, including the (amazing, I'm sure!) cassette tape: With a bitchin' set list!

There was a complete Mr. Clean carwash setup. I used to have one of these, they work pretty well so it'll go in the detailing cabinet for sure. There was also a butterfly yoyo body without string. So, I guess it's a Yo.

The other interesting thing was a "multiwrench:" I'm curious to see how well these work. They look useful.

Finally, there's two spanner wrenches and random hex keys. I think the spanners might fit my Flyin Miata Vmaxx coilovers, which is good because the ones they shipped were pretty bad and they're worn out:

Thanks secret GRMer from Il. I don't want to out you publicly, you can do it, though :)

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/31/16 9:18 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane:

Hope you can use the car wash! It was actually a regift from last year's game, and I didn't even use it... I guess I'm not a car washer.

Also hope you can use those coilovers wrenches, and I never even tried the combo wrenches but they make cool garage art.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/31/16 9:59 a.m.

Hopefully I can, I used to be a "wash every other week and wax no less than once a month" kinda guy, but that was three kids and two houses ago.. Now I'm more of a "crap! It's almost winter, I should wash and wax the cars..." kinda person :)

The wrenches certainly are unique. I'll give the spanners a shot next time I adjust something on the miata.

Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
12/31/16 12:09 p.m.

Santa left a package on my rear porsche! let's take a look.

The box was packed to the brim with a whole bunch of stuff. Santa did his homework and included many Saturn and even Miata bits! A stack of Saturn oil filters and an upper radiator hose plus a set of Saturn spark plugs.

Habanero sugar cookies ! yum! ...wait

Stickers!

An uber rare geschweißten stahlwagenteil for a Saturn!

Funny tasting energy drink

VW caddy and a Toyota AE86 Hot Wheels.

Thanks secret Santa!

Ross413
Ross413 Reader
12/31/16 1:23 p.m.

My haul. Opened 20 min or so before I drove to Atlanta for sister in laws c-section. Blew my mind, thought about it a ton on the drive down. Had a box of my goodies in the car already, had to re think that!!! I was blown away at how thoughtful and plain awesome it was. Really made me step up my game!

Ton of goods from golf balls, GPS, to really awesome older mags with specifically picked out articles. The accompanying letter made it great though. JohnRW1621, you outdid yourself, I thank you. Apologies for the delayed response as I felt anything other than a full reply would not be fitting of the gift.

JohnRW1621 wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote: I intend to have some customization geared toward the specific recipient. Some things are already chosen but others will not be determined until I have a name/victim.
Sent. I'm not typically an overachiever but I had another box to go to the Post Office today. Most of my contents were chosen just needed a slight customization and done!

Blown away, really. Thank you!

JohnRW1621 wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote: I intend to have some customization geared toward the specific recipient. Some things are already chosen but others will not be determined until I have a name/victim.
Sent. I'm not typically an overachiever but I had another box to go to the Post Office today. Most of my contents were chosen just needed a slight customization and done!
Tracker says that mine arrived in PA on Monday 19th. Delivered to front door/porch.
Arrived one week ago in Penn. Still no word.

Received 20 min before departure for ATL!! Blew my mind, humbled.

JohnRW1621 wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote:
Tracker says that mine arrived in PA on Monday 19th. Delivered to front door/porch.
Arrived one week ago in Penn. Still no word.

My fault, Crazy week, involving my wife being stranded in Atlanta, sister in law having a c-section, and mini vacation. Not home for the last 11 days.

Cooper_Tired wrote: Just got mine open, and I owe a huge apology to old tin, as I didn't load him up nearly as much as the box I received. Point noted and I'll do better next year. Ok now on to the haul which is awesome. So starting at the top; Gloves NASCAR stub Check book cover thing Plug wire set- application unknown Silicone caulk Flashlights Iced coffee drops Watch Toe warmers Can of Spam NRA propaganda McDonalds mint Copy of the constitution Objects in mirror are losing stickers "Everybody sucks 2016" sticker. Love this one Haunukkah chocolate coins Hotwheel and unicorn tattoo in a tin Shift knob Red scraper thing SAAB road atlas Glow stick Fuel filter Foot mount dust mops Thanks Ross from PA!

I am glad you liked it! The real thanks goes to JohnRW1621, his box inspired me to step it up, also to clear out more stuff.

Great job to all involved! Made my crazy holiday even better! Looking forward to next year already. Really shows how great this board is!

Thanks Ross

TL;DR

Box awesome, made box better, thank you.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
12/31/16 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Ross413:

Wow. You've had a busy week+.

Glad you liked it. The magazines were always intended to the the centerpiece of the gift. Now that things have quieted a little, maybe you can take some time to take a trip down memory lane and read them.

Here's to a Happy New Year.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
12/31/16 9:11 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to cmcgregor: Yep, it's you. I was keeping it as anonymous as I could.

Well. I can see why you were anxious to see it arrive!

I opened the box to see some very thorough padding

The top layer had a whole bunch of GRM stickers, a brew-thru bumper sticker, some safety glasses, a CD (the killer dwarfs) and a pretty sweet t-shirt. I also discovered a bag of aerocatch hardware - score! There was also a separately wrapped package - more on that later.

Layer 2!

We've got a rod of indeterminate origin (but marked 8 and with ARP bolts), piston ring pliers, the aerocatches (double score!) and a program from the 1949 Indy 500. Yes, seriously. Holy crap. There was also a TON of Sylvania 3057 bulbs.

Layer 3!

2 more wrapped packages, a GSX, some dielectric grease, and some hose clamps. There's also a ticket stub from a Henry Rollins spoken word performance.

Let's get into those separately wrapped gifts.

The smallest - 2 1/2 inch left hand rod ends. Think I can come up with something to do with those.

The medium vaguely book shaped one - a copyright 1958 Chevrolet owner's manual with a ton of technical detail. This thing is super cool.

The large book shaped one - a large volume titled 50 years of American Automobiles. Also awesome.

Let's take another look at that Indy 500 program

I can't get over how cool this is.

And here's a carefully composed shot of everything - it was tough to get it all in!

AngryCorvair - did the program and the book come from your father? The name on them looks like at least a relation. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the gift - I think I won the GRM New Year's game thanks to you. This is one of the best things I've received all year - seriously cool.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/1/17 10:47 a.m.

Sorry this is late. We've been dealing with the ebolapoxplague here at chez FBC, and

So what do we have here?

A used funnel.. (actually needed one of these)

A hobart Propane torch tip

Some badges that made a Dakota Naked..

and a Bird made of some valves, a rod, some some springs etc.. It had some piston rings as plumage, but they didn't survive the trip.

This bird will now live in my garage.

Looking longingly over the empty bay in my garage.

Thanks GRM santa

GSmith
GSmith HalfDork
1/1/17 5:53 p.m.

The box to me arrived Friday, but we opened it Saturday with pics. Very neat, but I won't be able to get the pix up just yet. My outbound box is still in the packing process, should be mailed out Tuesday since he post offices are closed tomorrow.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/17 6:05 p.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/17 7:42 p.m.

Had a great New Year's Eve Weekend away at the cabin. Sadly I didn't see any wildlife, must smell too much like a human. Nothing you can do about that, ho well. Anyway, got back and found a little something special on the porch.

Let's see what goodies await inside.

An awesome multimeter. For the life of me I have never been able to figure these things out, but perhaps now I can.

A multi-tool to add to my extensive collection. It actually opens really smooth and I think it's gonna go in a car I like it so much.

A hurricane lamp with 15 LEDs! I had been hoping for 10, maybe 12 LEDs, 13 in my wildest dreams, but 15?!?!? I am so geeked!

The stuff that you use to connect electrical wires! I love this stuff.

My new winter project to resore an old Mustang. Seriously, I am doing a resto-mod on it.

The Royal 90K, behold it's awesomeness. I am going to be adding all kinds of stuff now!

Some obscure character...from a laserdisk-based videogame that I played for about 5,000 hours in my younger days. HOW THE HECK DID YOU KNOW?!?!?

An illumination device.

And the solution to my human smell problem! Just perfect, it's really what I needed. Thank you Secret Santa, that was really fun!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/1/17 8:12 p.m.

Boobs

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/17 8:22 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Boobs

Pics or it didn't happen.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/1/17 9:42 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

Pics not working...

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/1/17 9:43 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Pics not working...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
1/1/17 10:43 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Where?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/2/17 7:36 a.m.

In Pinchvalve's calculator pic. Technically BOOBZ, it would need to be 58008 to say BOOBS.

AngryCorvair
1/2/17 8:41 a.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

this is my first year participating, so yeah I was excited to see the box get unpacked here.

The Indy program and the '58 Chevy book were my Dad's. I kept / got all car stuff piled upon me when he passed in 1990. The "50 Years of" book was a Christmas gift I gave him, 1998-ish I'm guessing. It'll take you 3 months to read that book! Tons of good info in there.

The bulbs were given to me by a Sylvania sales rep many years ago. I have never needed a single one, LOL.

The GSX is a limited edition, honestly IDK if they ever were sold. I received it from a sales rep for Johnny Lightning a long time ago.

The con rod is an SBC part that came from Andy Nelson. IDK the maker or the center to center length.

The Detroit vs Everybody shirt is the only thing I bought specifically for this package. Everything else is 100% compliant with the rule of "get a flat rate box and fill it with crap from your garage."

And I apologize for the Killer Dwarfs. They suck. No, I mean really suck. berkeleying awful.

daeman
daeman HalfDork
1/2/17 11:27 p.m.

My parcel has gotten as far as San Francisco, hopefully it gets thru customs ok...

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cT0zKbt1NmKyUz7LgCNVBBbcyxXsKRLRNfRhMflAHMKnQ9Zlpqv71tZ6WyYzyEv6