1 2 3
stroker
stroker UltraDork
12/31/17 9:52 a.m.

Let's offset the "Good (berkleying) Riddance 2017" stuff with a thread containing some hope.   Post your goals for 2018.

I hope to get to the Challenge this fall, if not as a participant then as a spectator.   I hope to lose about 50 pounds (pound a week should be realistic) and sell two or three motorcycles so I've got some room in the garage.  That would allow me to spend a lot less time online and more with greasy hands working on some sort of fun car.  That's enough to start with.   You're up!

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
12/31/17 9:57 a.m.

I try to keep my goals low and attainable.

2018 is the year that I build my MX5. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/31/17 10:29 a.m.

Oh let’s see...

Sell last years challenge Miata.

Finish last yrs challenge Ranger for this yrs challenge. Oh and test, test, test, and test some more.

Find a Foxbody, so the smwbo will get off my ass for her having a rusted up pofs.

Get a new job that pays something closer to market value for my expertise and work area.

And there is probably way more but at least that’s a start....

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/31/17 10:30 a.m.

More go. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/31/17 10:37 a.m.

Race then dispose of my Malibu.

Get the beater truck dialed and usable.

Make the GTA a driver.

Don't buy anymore stupid cars.

Work harder towards being less of a miserable piece of E36 M3. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/17 11:50 a.m.

Don't die, fix rust on Corolla, get a job that pays first-world grown-up money even if it means moving away.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/31/17 11:58 a.m.

Get Murdercycle 2.0 up and running. Get better at land surveying. Get the operating engineers job. Sell the 4Runner. Buy a winter hooptie, preferably a p71 or Miata. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/31/17 12:05 p.m.

Professionally (if you can call it that ) I want to continue writing about the cabover and drive it somewhere, even if that's just up and down the driveway. There will be at least one new shirt design too.

Personally I want to keep my kids moving forward, whatever that means to each of them. Potential for some exciting stuff. Keep supporting Mrs. Deuce at work. If things go as planned there it could be a significant year. Get more of the house finished, even if only a little bit. 

I know it's unpleasant to read, but life is pretty damn amazing for me right now, the best thing I can possibly do is not screw it up.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/31/17 12:54 p.m.

Fly this.  There is a Brockway in Vermont I've been coveting for years, but it has to wait.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/31/17 1:15 p.m.

Selfish personal goals:  Run more.  Stretch more.  Gain entry to and PR in the Marine Corps Marathon (my 4th).  

Family goals:  continue tutoring my 10th grade daughter in math and chemistry.  Spend more time on the bike with her and my wife.  Choose my battles more wisely.  

Professional goals:  don't get fired.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
12/31/17 1:54 p.m.

Get back into running

Finally autocross for the first time 

Get some modifications done on my Miata 

Start writing again

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/31/17 2:36 p.m.

Put the Monster together, autocross it with my son (his first year), take it to the challenge.

Be a bit more financially responsible, pay off/down some bills and stress over cash flow less.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
12/31/17 2:46 p.m.

I’d like to do a track day or at least try autocross a couple times this summer. That was my goal last year until everything got crazy and my spare time disappeared.

I also want to get back into writing songs and writing in general, stuff I haven’t really done  since college and I’m starting to miss the creative challenge. I think I might try some automotive  writing just for fun.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/31/17 2:53 p.m.

Buy a Datsun.  

Travel to California to see my son get his PhD and help him move to Boston with minimum meltdowns.  

Do the High school marching band program with less stress.   

Don’t get fired.  

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
12/31/17 2:54 p.m.

i lost some weight in 2017, want to lose a little more in 18. No defined goal, but just not as heavy as I am now.  Maybe lose 5 lbs minimum, nothing major.

Don't stall on the van project.  Again, no specific goal, just keep plugging along.

Do some cycling, it's been a while, the bike is getting lonely.

Do some autocross.  haven't done any since 2015, I miss it.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
12/31/17 3:00 p.m.

Eat worse.

Spend more money.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
12/31/17 6:17 p.m.

Like most things in my life I have no goals. 

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/31/17 7:38 p.m.

Don't get fired.

Flatten gut by 2 inches, don't care about scale numbers.

Clean up and sell last years challenge truck after it cuts a second off its drag time.

Get rid of the big pine tree that has over grown my side walk.

Sell the boat?

LS swap my '91 Firebird...?

buy a truck for a winter beater/tow rig.

possibly sell the 2000 Firebird and replace with a different DD. Caddy STS?

Host a GRM BBQ

stain/seal my deck

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
12/31/17 7:41 p.m.

Primary goal for 2018 : Get out alive.

Secondary goal: get rid of the crazy ass jerks making my life a living hell.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/31/17 8:10 p.m.

Get back in shape (3 yrs out of the gym has taken its toll ~45lbs sad).  

Keep learning how to be a dad - so far so good!

Keep learning how to be a husband - so far so good!

Keep whittling down the honey-do list.

Find a side gig for driver coaching/instruction that pays for the track rat Miata upkeep.

Keep improving my HPDE instructing techinques.

thestig99
thestig99 Dork
12/31/17 8:50 p.m.

Don't die. Recover from 2017's problems, preferably without having to sell cars. Run more. More adventures. Do more photography. Try to focus more on what's right and less on what's wrong. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
12/31/17 9:23 p.m.

Finish Airstream restoration, wood floor the house (1800 sqft), do new kitchen, do three new bathrooms, finish out garage, retire from the Coast Guard without drama, get airline job, camp camp camp a E36 M3 ton. Get a motorcycle and another Midget to put an F20 into. Motorcycle road trip, Braun Brothers Reunion music fest.

Should fit that into a lifetime.  

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
12/31/17 11:13 p.m.

Great thread!

• go to the doctor
  • sort out the old 9-3
  • get the miata upgrades done
  • get rid of 1 thing every day
  • bathroom floor
gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
12/31/17 11:36 p.m.
  • Get the e30 running and reliable again, and transition this into more daily use
  • Get the 944 running and to a track day
  • 2 races minimum in the lemons car
  • Get back into mountain biking in an ultimate goal of improving fitness
  • Move up to b class and be competitive on the dirt bike
  • Travel more on the 950
  • Work on the house more

Saving the most important two for last:

• Improve discipline, meaning less wasted time on the internet and better overall self control.
  • Spend more time with people. As the list above could imply, I turn into a hermit as a result of trying to do too much, and it has killed my social life.
Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
1/1/18 12:15 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

My new sub goal is to ls swap my '87 Firebird before gearheadotaku does. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hRx6nelWZ1p4tCvcC2Xjh9BrzHevA3vOBCjs6tecRiBVCtwbCL4FdA5s6UJIkuD1