1 2 3
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/18 1:57 p.m.

My new zx2 gets 35mpg. Considering i drive about 100 miles a day the 12 dollar fillups have been a refreshing change

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/24/18 2:45 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Hold on, dude, I was agreeing with you. This thread was all good until someone brought politics into it. The patio joke was for the politics guy. 

I was thinking  more of the Family Guy James Bond joke where Bond keeps asking a girl for sex. Finally she relents. "15 noes means yes."

Sorry for the miscommunication.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/18 2:59 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

Hold on, dude, I was agreeing with you. This thread was all good until someone brought politics into it. The patio joke was for the politics guy. 

I was thinking  more of the Family Guy James Bond joke where Bond keeps asking a girl for sex. Finally she relents. "15 noes means yes."

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Hi Appleseed,

I was really surprised by what I thought your position was since I’ve known you for a long time and you’ve always been very reasonable and decent.

This is actually an excellent example of why people seriously need to shut the berk up…the habitual poking has me and what appears to be 10’s of millions of other people left with nothing but raw nerves.

Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to get this straightened out.

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
5/24/18 3:17 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

It's why I've just refused to even turn a tv to a news channel or the computer to a "news" site. I'll just stick my head in hte sand for a while and live my life. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/18 4:06 p.m.

The threat of high gas prices is why I'm going to hold on to the CRX of DooM. I hardly drive it anymore due to it being summer, no A/C, the driver's side window regulator broke and the hood and sunroof are painted black.

But it does get 35-38mpg depending on how I drive it. If its reeeeealy empty, I can get almost 10 gallons in it.

I've half floated the idea of selling it and grabbing something a bit more modern (A/C!, power steering!, a working radio!) but the devil you know and all that.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/24/18 5:38 p.m.
Ransom said:
Crxpilot said:

Guys needing premium can pump regular and let your ecu retard timing for a while, right?  I’d try it but we drive a sienna and rav4 and tend to be too poor for cars asking for 91+.

What's the MPG hit?

I haven't tried it.  

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/24/18 5:40 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:
Crxpilot said:

we drive a sienna and rav4 and tend to be too poor for cars asking for 91+.

are you my doppleganger?

Are you deeply in debt and irresistible to ladies over 57 +/- ?  Could be.  

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
5/24/18 6:05 p.m.

$ 3.04 for 87 this morning.   Sunoco

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
5/24/18 6:15 p.m.

The Russkis and the Saudis decided to cut production.  Oil is now back around 85 bucks a barrel and heading to $100.  The added taxes really would not make anywhere near the dent in your wallet that $100 a barrel oil will.  The only way to get out from under is lower demand to the point where the oil price comes back down.

$3.75 a gallon where I live.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/18 6:35 p.m.
Ransom said:
Crxpilot said:

Guys needing premium can pump regular and let your ecu retard timing for a while, right?  I’d try it but we drive a sienna and rav4 and tend to be too poor for cars asking for 91+.

What's the MPG hit?

I've found that running premium in my Buick instead of regular my mileage improves enough to almost break even pricewise.  It's within $3-4 a tank.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/24/18 6:50 p.m.

Just filled the bike up with premium for $2.94 yesterday. That was $11 well spent. See you in two weeks gas station. Hope it's still as cheap then.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2qqnsSzl30tKRQY3BQ9EZvcyUqr64FeA9qpgAH18tRP08PcQTA8VKD67oIhwQXyl