KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
2/24/17 11:50 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/fox29philadelphia/photos/a.274398993854.143073.59404413854/10154670365513855/?type=3

So this dude commits armed robbery at a children's birthday party and is sentenced to a maximum of 5 years??!

Oh, and feel free to mock his head, that E36 M3 ain't right.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/17 11:57 a.m.

In 5 years he'll be out of jail, but the top of his head will still look like a very cold testicle...

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/24/17 12:00 p.m.
article said: Gates and the other man, Lamar Outlaw, forced the kids and adults into a corner and demanded money from one man.

His accomplice had quite the last name. Foreshadowing.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/24/17 12:06 p.m.

That guy looks full on mentally disabled. He should probably be in a secure group home for life instead of jail for five years.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
2/24/17 12:16 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

No kidding, The first thing I thought of when I saw the mug shot was microcephaly. I have no idea if that is potentially accurate, but there HAS to be something going on there...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/24/17 12:19 p.m.

What kind of birthday party involves 4 kids and 2 adults in a motel room?

Maybe the robbers aren't the only ones in need of investigation

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
2/24/17 12:22 p.m.
RevRico wrote: What kind of birthday party involves 4 kids and 2 adults in a motel room? Maybe the robbers aren't the only ones in need of investigation

It was in Santee, SC, our version of FL. South of the Border is the other one and both coincidentally are on I-95.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/24/17 12:37 p.m.
RevRico wrote: What kind of birthday party involves 4 kids and 2 adults in a motel room? Maybe the robbers aren't the only ones in need of investigation

Are you trying to insinuate that cocaine and hookers aren't appropriate party entertainment for 5 year olds? News to me...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/24/17 1:34 p.m.

I'd guess it's one of those hotels struggling people live in. You know, weekly rent and all that.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/24/17 2:25 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago:

I had thought about that. Not knowing the place, it could be a nice Motel 6 style, or the seedy places I used to take dates when I lived with my parents that charged by the hour for a room.

Still though, kids bday party. Parks, lakes, a friends house, there are free alternatives to a hotel room. Heck, the pool outside if they have one, which for as widespread as they are here in Pennsyltucky, I'd imagine most hotel/motels have a pool in SC where there is sunshine and hot weather.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/17 2:31 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
It was in Santee, SC, our version of FL. South of the Border is the other one and both coincidentally are on I-95.

I blame Floridians. Santee is about the right distance for some crazy old fart to start thinking it's hooker time.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/24/17 2:47 p.m.
RevRico wrote: In reply to thatsnowinnebago: I had thought about that. Not knowing the place, it could be a nice Motel 6 style, or the seedy places I used to take dates when I lived with my parents that charged by the hour for a room. Still though, kids bday party. Parks, lakes, a friends house, there are free alternatives to a hotel room. Heck, the pool outside if they have one, which for as widespread as they are here in Pennsyltucky, I'd imagine most hotel/motels have a pool in SC where there is sunshine and hot weather.

Who's to say they weren't at the pool, then came in for the cake?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/24/17 2:50 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: So this dude commits armed robbery at a children's birthday party and is sentenced to a maximum of 5 years??!

Couple key points of context for that sentence:

1. The guy is only 17. Could have been tried as a minor, but would become an adult very early in his sentence.
  2. The guy pled guilty. Courts tend to look favorably on that during sentencing, and that likely made things more lenient.
  3. He committed the crime alongside an adult. That adult got a significantly longer sentence. Court likely saw it as the 17y.o. following the plans of the adult.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/24/17 2:54 p.m.

His barber must up the price when he walks in.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/24/17 2:55 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

True. Lots questions left over from the initial write up. Just sounds strange for all parties involved.

Really, This is my 2000th post? Not even in the hotlink thread or one of my build threads... Oh well.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/24/17 3:09 p.m.

That is one strange looking noggin.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/24/17 4:26 p.m.

First comment on that page is pure gold.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/17 4:53 p.m.
T.J. wrote: That is one strange looking noggin.

My wife thinks it's a skin disorder.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
2/24/17 5:30 p.m.

The dredloks(sp) got under the his skin.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/17 6:01 p.m.
914Driver wrote: His barber must up the price when he walks in.

This guy should grow the biggest 'ol afro he can muster.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
2/24/17 9:05 p.m.
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
2/25/17 2:55 p.m.

Just finished ' The Death of Punishment.' Given how easy life on the inside is for the worst offenders he could probably do the nickel standing on his...... That'll probably put me one step closer to Hell.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
2/25/17 5:19 p.m.

Wow, one of the California Raisins has really hit rock bottom.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/25/17 11:44 p.m.

I think he was sentenced at 17 possibly 15 when he did the crime.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nPtTUmqYOznQl3MBjPluumMhWv9g3faLlbeesBsJUc4oSQEZ7l4NGQiu47hfcMQU